Feed-in Tarrif form returned/rejected ? Advise | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Feed-in Tarrif form returned/rejected ? Advise in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

On section 5 - about your installation- it asks if you own or receive feed in tariff payments for any other installation, if this is ticked as No I would argue the ---- on this. By crossing out the declaration later on in the form I would argue that it was not applicable to you as you had already answered the question and signed the form.

I would take this directly to OFGEM in writing.

Hope this helps

Good call! On section 5 we have ticked the option as No, thank you for pointing this out.

I can't remember the EDF form (been so long since I filled one out) but is the issue here that the form is missing the signed declaration that this is the only install you have? And that instead of being signed it has been crossed out?

If so I think EDF are taking a ridiculous stance and it is a diabolical way to treat someone that has invested in green energy. I would definitely be phoning OFGEM and asking what on Earth is going on.

Back in the November Rush EDF were by far the most awkward company to deal with- remember they don't like renewable energy, they are a Nuclear company

Watch dog !! They love these stories ...

Yep, more negative publicity for solar PV, just what the industry needs right now!

The customer has a very strong stance, especially with what Solarcamel pointed out. I am sure this will be resolved if the correct pressure is applied to EDF.

Just had an update from one of the FiT providers, this is the latest guidelines that they have received from Ofgem:

So long as application received and dated before cut off date, then that FIT rate will apply, the following provisos exist

The EPC, MUST be recieved with the Application

However, if declarations are forgotten / missed of the original form and are recieved later,

1) If DATED later then a new eligibility date will apply - the date on the declaration.
or
2) If decalaration DATED ON or BEFORE the date of the oriignal submission, irrespective of when recieved by the FiT provider, then the original recieved date remains the elgibility date.

Time to appeal to your provider.

Many Thanks Worcester, I have the same problem as San (and many other EDF customers, I believe!).

I have complained to EDF Green Energy Team several times and they refuse to budge saying the rules are the rules. Equally the Ombudsman has confirmed they support this view, if the forms are not complete in every detail, no case!

I'm currently taking another approach, but will use your advice if they turn me down again. The OFGEM guidance for FIT providers has some very relevant clauses, such as quote - 'when providing information to a FIT Generator (whether in writing, by electronic display or orally) in relation to the FIT scheme, the mandatory FIT Licensee shall take all reasonable steps to ensure it:
(a) is complete and accurate
(b) is capable of being easily understood by the FIT generator
(c) does not mislead the FIT Generator; and
(d) is otherwise fair, transparent, appropriate and delivered in a professional manner both in terms of content and in terms of how it is presented (with more important information being given appropriate prominence)."

This is not the case with EDF. Their forms are long and complicated (e.g. Brittish Gas form = 4 pages, EDF 12 pages) and EDF have confirmed their errors by modifying their application form since the version 4 form available in July. The EDF v6 form now has the Multi-Installation decalaration in the checklist page 2 and very prominent BOLD TYPE warnings regarding accuracy of applications on the first page. No such informmation is on form v4! so why would you include a declaration not even requested in the checklist? and why rush to submit or verify the form when there is no written warning. To me this equals unprofessional incomplete and misleading information from EDF!
My complaint has now been sent to their general complaints team where a better escalation process exists, so far they have not replied....
Good Luck to all!

Good Energy are currently having a 'plain english' expert look over their forms, which inherently admits that the current / old ones are difficult to unserstand and to get right all the time.

Hope it works out for you.

Greetings All those with EDF FIT eligibility date problems from the August 1[SUP]st[/SUP] 2012 21p/kWh cut off.

I have just heard from inside EDF there may be a glimmer of hope for those of us who had their eligibility date confirmed after the August 1[SUP]st[/SUP] cut-off date due to missing or incomplete declarations in the original FIT application form.

Apparently EDF have now asked OFGEM for some further guidance or even dispensation to be applied in these cases to uphold the original application date.

Who knows what the outcome will be, but let’s hope it’s positive for those of us who were honestly unaware of the requirement or misled by the EDF version 4 application form (which didn’t even include the said declaration in the document check list!).

My own opinion is EDF are concerned that too many FIT applicants have fallen foul of their incredibly slow and pedantic application of ‘rules is rules’ to the detriment of loyal customers who may start to boycott their business (rather like the recent Starbucks effect…) and are now trying to correct the situation.

I would suggest all in this position ensure EDF are still very aware of their situation and intention to continue to campaign for redress of one form or another, WE HAVE NOT GONE AWAY!

Start asking EDF how much post they have on hand? Are their any date stamps on the document from EDF that say when they rejected it. Don't talk to EDF on the phone ask for them to confirm the request in writing or fax that you have proof unlike the phone unless you record the call

Hi just a cautionary note EDF, MCS, OFGEM, Elecsa, NICIEC , ECA etc don't communicate with each other with regard to sharing details of installations i have fallen through the system and now know you have to install it , become a member of an approved scheme and their MCS section . Notify the relevant supplier of electricity (EDF in this case) join the REAL Assurance scheme and also seperatly apply to the electrical supplier for FIT payments and keep on about it to get the export meter read . I know this is ABC once you know it but if you don't well

Greetings All those with EDF FIT eligibility date problems from the August 1[SUP]st[/SUP] 2012 21p/kWh cut off.

I have just heard from inside EDF there may be a glimmer of hope for those of us who had their eligibility date confirmed after the August 1[SUP]st[/SUP] cut-off date due to missing or incomplete declarations in the original FIT application form.

Apparently EDF have now asked OFGEM for some further guidance or even dispensation to be applied in these cases to uphold the original application date.

Who knows what the outcome will be, but let’s hope it’s positive for those of us who were honestly unaware of the requirement or misled by the EDF version 4 application form (which didn’t even include the said declaration in the document check list!).

My own opinion is EDF are concerned that too many FIT applicants have fallen foul of their incredibly slow and pedantic application of ‘rules is rules’ to the detriment of loyal customers who may start to boycott their business (rather like the recent Starbucks effect…) and are now trying to correct the situation.

I would suggest all in this position ensure EDF are still very aware of their situation and intention to continue to campaign for redress of one form or another, WE HAVE NOT GONE AWAY!

Hello there. Have you checked your email? There's a request from me - although not from this forum but from Yougen. NB: I have now had at least a three line email response from EDF's Green Team CS Manager, which is at least something. They state (on 24th Jan):
Thank you for your email.

At the moment, the situation is still being reviewed with OFGEM. Once an outcome is clear, EDF Energy will review all pertinent cases and contact generators accordingly.

I have checked our data and I can confirm that your case would be reviewed in this situation. However, I am unable to provide any further information at this point.
So at least it's partial progress!! I just wonder how many "pertinent cases" they have and how long we need to wait for a reply from OFGEM's "review".

Just had an update from one of the FiT providers, this is the latest guidelines that they have received from Ofgem:
So long as application received and dated before cut off date, then that FIT rate will apply, the following provisos exist

The EPC, MUST be recieved with the Application

However, if declarations are forgotten / missed of the original form and are recieved later,

1) If DATED later then a new eligibility date will apply - the date on the declaration.
or
2) If decalaration DATED ON or BEFORE the date of the oriignal submission, irrespective of when recieved by the FiT provider, then the original recieved date remains the elgibility date.

Time to appeal to your provider.

Hi - are you sure you typed that guidance in correctly? Looks slightly confusing to me??

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Feed-in Tarrif form returned/rejected ? Advise in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back