Female electricians, for better or for worse? | Page 6 | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Female electricians, for better or for worse? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

oracle

-
Arms
Reaction score
Having worked on site with women, they seem to come in two forms, one a really good worker or Barbie with "Eeew, I broke a nail".

Probably if there were a lot more ladies in the trade there would be more of a cross section

New
I wondered how much longer it would last until genitalia reared it's ugly head

obvoios you not had any red yet, pete. that's a bloody hard word to type when you've has a few. the wrd i efer to is "reared", as pooposed to rear end/rear entry/rare/rarebit, etc., etc.
Bottle already downed Tel, with regards to spelling, what have you been sampling?

totaldisater,pete.gota new pintof\op.putitdown on desk.reachrd for mouse, knocked beer off desk.1 shattered glass and a wasted pint. need togo into rehsb.

New
I wondered how much longer it would last until genitalia reared it's ugly head

obvoios you not had any red yet, pete. that's a bloody hard word to type when you've has a few. the wrd i efer to is "reared", as pooposed to rear end/rear entry/rare/rarebit, etc., etc.
Bottle already downed Tel, with regards to spelling, what have you been sampling?
totaldisater,pete.gota new pintof\op.putitdown on desk.reachrd for mouse, knocked beer off desk.1 shattered glass and a wasted pint. need togo into rehsb.
Back to English lesson more like Tel, let me know what you have been on I could do with something like that, the Red aint cutting it any more

Although apparently harmless,the original question could be taken as the starter's gun,for yet another sexist debate...then it's sparks of different colour,age,heritage,town and height...

There are lots of missing groups,in the electrical world,and gender is one of them. So are knowledge,patience and acceptance.

Being female,in the trade,should have nothing to do with it.

Between Rose West,and me mum,is every variation from worst to best,and singling out gender as a reason for either...is dodgy territory ;)

To go off on a slight tangent, this applies to everything in my opinion.

10 people for a job, why isit than in 2018 we have to have:
- 2 black men
- 2 white women
- 2 gay men
- 2 gay women
- a transgender
- a goldfish

It should be the 10 best people suited to that specific job, regardless of anything.

My business partner is lady (or at least, female). Got a few comments on site in the early days, but the fact of the matter is that our combined skill-sets and different strengths/approaches mean we work fast and well. It's often observed that we can complete a job faster than a larger all male team :)

However, as others have pointed out there are different types of women entering the industry, some of whom are there to make a statement. Imho anyone there to do anything other than excel at their job should just shuffle off. And in general, any attempt to artificially balance the sexes in any workplace really p*sses me off!

agree. any applicant for a job should be assessed on merit, irrespective of sex, religion, ethic origin, or whatever fad the snowflakes come up with next. however, it's generally perceived that certain sections of the community could never be capable as electricians/plumbers/ chippys/etc.as long as they have holes in their arses. these pppeps could do media studies or holistic witchery to justify their miserable waste of oxygen.

However, as others have pointed out there are different types of women entering the industry, some of whom are there to make a statement. Imho anyone there to do anything other than excel at their job should just shuffle off. And in general, any attempt to artificially balance the sexes in any workplace really p*sses me off!

I couldn't agree more.

The only female manager I've had told me she learned to program to prove a man wrong. That told me everything I needed to know about her in the one sentence. And I was on the money. She was useless in every way you need a manager to excel in a software business.

Zero clue about the market and the tools, zero ability and zero people skills.

If the feminazis get their way we'll all be welcoming quota based hiring... but only in male dominated industries of course... and then only the good jobs... I'm still waiting to see an affirmative action program complaining about the gender imbalance in sewer workers for example.

Reply to Female electricians, for better or for worse? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net