fire alarm call points | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss fire alarm call points in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

walshy

hi all ,can anybody confirm the correct height that a call point should be from floor level,also can they be positioned next to a light switch,this would be very helpful thanks

1200mm above floor level to allow use by ppl with limited reach. i'm not sure if there's a reg. distance from light swithes, but i would allow a fair bit in case of confusion esp. if it's dark.

thanks for the ideas ,i thought the same that the two do not want to be to close because of accidental activation,but on the drawings i have been given they are very close,will ask the question at site meeting,by the way my first time on forum thanks for your help

The copy of BS 5829 I have states 1.4m from ffl
if so, i stand corrected. was a chief fire officer told me 1200 and made me lower 4 points on a job. luckily was some slack above false ceilings.

Last edited:
Yep possible , Ive actually been on site and had the building control officer and the fire officer debating the requirements for a first and second knock system

its great fun when a Cooncil Building inspector n Fire Officer get in to an argument about nothing except which one is more important

as for height 1400+/- 200 altho IMO DDA comes before anything on building reg stuff

Reply to fire alarm call points in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

The core tech was never Google. The core technology was Nest, and it’s sound. They got bought up by Google looking for a way in to the home tech...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Heat & Carbon monoxide detector recommended for a kitchen.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi All, I am looking to start installing commercial fire alarms, I want to be able to design, install and commission. I am a member of NICEIC so...
Replies
Views
A
  • Article
Fire valve external oil boiler We have an external grant vortex pro and the fire valve is on the oil supply line 1.4m away from the boiler . Read...
Replies
Views
Ant0912
A
D is the negative for the SAB hold off supply In the bell the 0v is linked to one side of the tamper switch and then the other side goes back to C...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks