Fix-a-floor. For fixing tiles with voids. Discussion Thread | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Fix-a-floor. For fixing tiles with voids. Discussion Thread in the Tilers Forums - UK Tiling Forum. area at ElectriciansForums.net

Fix-a-floor. For fixing tiles with voids.

Got to use this fix-a-floor stuff today. What a load of... rubbish, and that's being kind.
One loose tile 300 x 300 and the grout cracked a bit.
Drilled eight 4mm holes in 6mm grout lines. Cut the nozzle for a snug fit. Injected it in.
Only about 5% went in, while most just came out the same hole. What a f'ing mess.
Ended up lifting tile spent about a half an hour cleaning up then relayed with adhesive.
Stuff has the consistency of melted ice cream, gets everywhere.
If they changed the nozzle to something with rubber on it, or just make it all rubber, to get a tighter fit in the drill hole, so more goes in the hole rather than out of it. That may help a bit.
If you see the advert for it on youtube, its nothing like that. Obviously staged to make it look so easy to use.

Fix-a-floor. For fixing tiles with voids. for the Original Article on Tiling Advice Forum

Reply to Fix-a-floor. For fixing tiles with voids. Discussion Thread in the Tilers Forums - UK Tiling Forum. area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

E
  • Article
Another Plasterboard Tile Weight Dilemma Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. Over the years I've used the good advice that I've read on...
Replies
Views
elliott20
E
P
  • Article
Large floor tile adhesive help Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m putting down...
Replies
Views
parrydave
P
  • Article
Moisture in floor advice...please Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds. Chunks of what...
Replies
Views
J
  • Article
Riven Slate: use sand/cement or adhesive - is there a definitive answer Hi - my builders bedded 10-12 mm brazilian riven slate on a sand cement...
Replies
Views
Jim Rickards
J
P
  • Article
Reply to 'Im stuck wish my tiles were' thread Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Purpzy
P

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks