Currently reading:
Flashing LED advice

Discuss Flashing LED advice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi All

Was hoping to pick your brains regarding a job that had me scratching my head today.

6 x 6ft LED Ansell in a small garage, controlled via a PIR at either end. Been in for approximately 4 years no issue. They now (when triggered) all begin to flash (randomly along the fitting, not in one particular spot) settle after 60 seconds leaving 1 or 2 of the fittings randomly flashing. I don't believe they have all gone rogue at the same time without some sort of external cause. Anybody able to offer any advice?

I have disconnected different fittings, and still have the same issue on those remaining.

Voltage is fine, SPD hasn't blown. Can't see it being an issue with in-rush current if they have worked for so long either.

Any advice is appreciated!

Have you tried them without the PIR in the circuit? Could be a dodgy relay in the PIR. LEDs are not technically always on but pulse really fast so they appear always on. Something upsetting that cycle will allow you to see it with the naked eye.

You can see the effect better using a video camera when the frame rate is out of sync with the LEDs

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Flashing LED advice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net