Found this little beauty.... | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Found this little beauty.... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

timo1

-
Reaction score
It's not unusual to come across some dodgy work in a kitchen, but I had to post this:

[ElectriciansForums.net] Found this little beauty....[ElectriciansForums.net] Found this little beauty....[ElectriciansForums.net] Found this little beauty....

Hidden behind tiles, covered in filler. In the words of Ron burgundy "I'm not even mad, I'm impressed"

noob alert, has the person who did this basically used a connector box of some description to effectively lengthen the cable, so as to install the socket in the desired location? Rather than installing a new, longer cable?

noob alert, has the person who did this basically used a connector box of some description to effectively lengthen the cable, so as to install the socket in the desired location? Rather than installing a new, longer cable?

Erm, it looks like it yes.

Surely it's just a junction box, not a connector box of some description, you really are a noob!

on this subject why do we suddenly need to maintain junction boxes? I've never had a job to " maintain junction box" , and frankly why the disgust when MF boxes aren't used, if they can be used they can be maintained, lol, in this case the OP can check the tightness of connections before retiling occurs, that's maintained in my eyes ;)

Reply to Found this little beauty.... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net