fp200 | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss fp200 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Sorry guys not had a chance to get back on, i am currently rewiring a public hall and the consultant has asked for fp200 to wire external lighting. He has today asked us to source brown cable (with 10 days left!!!). I would love to do it in pyro and suggested this but his reason for not doing it is that there are not enough sparks experienced with it and 5/10 years down the line is worried that not enough people will know how to work with it! This is the main reason pyro is being used less and less, it is supposedly not cost effective as it takes longer than putting fp in a stuffing gland! If they had an effective way round swa that would be next!

Is this a listed building?.... you may have to confirm your wiring methods and from experience if its exposed stone work and a cable has to run along it like in a chapel or church then bare MICC is usually the only acceptable method... shame they don't teach it anymore .... if listed don't choose the easy option without confirming you can or you may end up removing it all at your own cost!
I worked on an old silk mill 1832 listed and English Heritage insisted on unsheathed pyro,lucky I'm the pyro king,had to run it with the brickwork mortar ie not straight,anathaema,to how I was taught.

Made a good few ends off in tech a few months ago. Had to make off two ends for a first year exam too. Had to do it to pass.

Seen it too, might be as close as you will get

I stand corrected then it was dropped for many yrs they must have realised its importance in the field we had a decade of newly qualified sparkies that turned down work because they never learnt it ...not their fault but it gives a big reality check about those Electricians who never learnt it as its still a type of wiring system... its a kin to been a painter and saying any colour your choose but can't do red!

Sorry guys not had a chance to get back on, i am currently rewiring a public hall and the consultant has asked for fp200 to wire external lighting. He has today asked us to source brown cable (with 10 days left!!!). I would love to do it in pyro and suggested this but his reason for not doing it is that there are not enough sparks experienced with it and 5/10 years down the line is worried that not enough people will know how to work with it! This is the main reason pyro is being used less and less, it is supposedly not cost effective as it takes longer than putting fp in a stuffing gland! If they had an effective way round swa that would be next!

tell the donkey ( sorry, consultant ) that prperly installed MICC will last 50/60 years, not a paltry 5/10. he'll be dead when it fails, so it won't be his problem.

Reply to fp200 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net