fundamental mechanics | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss fundamental mechanics in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi I'm doing an assignment in college at the moment and I am unsure how to answer this questions "an electric hoist motor is needed to raise a load of 150 kg at a velocity of 3m/second. ignoring efficiency, determine the power rating of the motor needed".

I have looked over my notes but I'm unsure, any advice you could give me I would be grateful

thanks

I'm in a good mood to do part of your homework! Try manipulating the formulae:

Work Done = Force x Distance
Power= Work Done / Time Taken

[QUOTE

Work Done = Force x Distance
Power= Work Done / Time Taken[/QUOTE]

Hi thanks for your help much appreciated
could I use the formula power = mass x gravity x distance / time ? I tried it and it comes up with he same answer 4414.5 watts is this correct ?

thanks

could I use the formula power = mass x gravity x distance / time ? I tried it and it comes up with he same answer 4414.5 watts is this correct ?

Yes, you've just changed around the two formula to get ..... Power = ( Force x Distance ) / Time Taken.

Force being (Mass x Gravity) and power is in watts!

There is a trainee section on here where you can get access to. It might be worth your while joing it and posting your questions/problems there!

Reply to fundamental mechanics in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net