Fundamental mistake | Page 4 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Fundamental mistake in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Old Jag Lover

Had to go to a factory where my daughter had wired an extension,mainly for a 600A 3 phase motor load,She chose RMC with 4/0 DLO CPE 4 parallel conductors four in each conduit.A visiting Engineer had rang me to tell me get out there we need this stuff working next work,any idea of the mistake she made she can thread and bend pipe ok.

Let's have a pic of the bass then HT. I've now got no backline gear apart from a 15w crate that I use for my acoustics. Over the weekend I'll take some photos of my collection

[ElectriciansForums.net] Fundamental mistake

It's a rubbish pic, I've just pulled it off my NAS, I'll drag it out of its cupboard tomorrow n take a better pic.

I also have a standard squire bass that stays out for me to practice on.

Old Jag fella is one interesting character

He makes a statement that confuses everyone,he rarely asks a questions or offers opinions
Its bare knuckled "statement making"posts written in a mumbling sort of way

Its as if he sees a situation,then he pours his meandering thoughts(that are zooming around his brain)then pens them into words that we can't decipher

I read his posts in the hope that one of these days I will have the faintest grasp of what he is harping on about
Keep em coming Old Jag lad

Trev, I'd like to see GS's guitar as well.
I've mingled with a few decent players with their old Strats etc.
Not as a player like, I can just fumble around a bit.
I know one geezer, great guitar and harmonica player, but he'll never play live (in front of an audience) for some reason!?!?

It's a rubbish pic, I've just pulled it off my NAS, I'll drag it out of its cupboard tomorrow n take a better pic.

I also have a standard squire bass that stays out for me to practice on.
Fender basses are great to play but to me they're horrible ugly things. The bodies are massive.
But opinions are like buttholes, everyone's got one

Here's the favourite of my collection. It's a Spector Pro Series Legend, that's an image of it I pulled off the net. Mine is sleeping safely wrapped up in it's case

Attachments

• [ElectriciansForums.net] Fundamental mistake
    spector.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 54
I dunno guys.

The op could be an attention seeker, someone who has gone over the edge and needs protected from himself or a troll.

Either way this isn't the place for it.

A ban wouldn't be a punishment for the first two or a surprise to the third.

I think It's time for the OP to have the GLENN line through his name :)

way off topic now.
i love the boys posts btw.absolute radge.
my semi acoustic is a epiphone sheraton in a dark cherry bought in 1988 for 200 quid second hand
i think its from 1983 going by the serial number and is japanese as far as i can tell.
anyone that plays it asks me "if you ever think of selling this one....."
no chance I've got this far without having to flog it. its a keeper .
others are a fender jagstang , gibson les paul platinum and a couple of nice schecters

Let's have a pic of your auld tele Geordie marra, obviously I know what they look like but I'd like to see yours.

You'll have to show me yours first you kinky bugger. ;)

It's an Ibanez copy, ivory finish with a maple neck and been modded a little bit by fitting an Ibanez Super 80 humbucker at the neck end and a Di Marzio pre CBS Tele at the bridge.

I haven't played it for years, but it's still in tune - never goes out.

You'll have to show me yours first you kinky bugger. ;)

It's an Ibanez copy, ivory finish with a maple neck and been modded a little bit by fitting an Ibanez Super 80 humbucker at the neck end and a Di Marzio pre CBS Tele at the bridge.

I haven't played it for years, but it's still in tune - never goes out.

See post 49, that's one of mine. Those mods sound flippin great, come on then show us the goods

Fender basses are great to play but to me they're horrible ugly things. The bodies are massive.
But opinions are like buttholes, everyone's got one

Here's the favourite of my collection. It's a Spector Pro Series Legend, that's an image of it I pulled off the net. Mine is sleeping safely wrapped up in it's case

Ever tried a Burns or an Overwater?

For me there's only one bass and that's the Precision. but like you say I'm a butt hole.

I've tried a couple of old Burns basses, I think one was the Bison. Then I tried the disaster that was the Flyte, lovely looking but what a heap of junk and the guitar was no better than the bass. I've also had the pleasure of borrowing a couple of Overwaters and they were all great but very pricey, a mate of mine had one custom made by them.

I don't think you can beat Spectors, it's just the look of the P and Jazz basses that puts me off them.

I never said you were a butthole :)

way off topic now.
i love the boys posts btw.absolute radge.
my semi acoustic is a epiphone sheraton in a dark cherry bought in 1988 for 200 quid second hand
i think its from 1983 going by the serial number and is japanese as far as i can tell.
anyone that plays it asks me "if you ever think of selling this one....."
no chance I've got this far without having to flog it. its a keeper .
others are a fender jagstang , gibson les paul platinum and a couple of nice schecters

My others are a Burns Nu-Sonic from about '63 and a Burns LJ 24 from about '74.

Here's a stock piccie (not mine) of the LJ24:

I don't like that LJ24.I just bought it as a back up for the Tele.

A shop was selling them off for £99 after Burns went bust. The Flyte was for sale too at the same price and our other guitarist bought one - again just as a back up.

Here's a stock piccie of the Flyte - or at least half of it:

burns always made quite unusual looking guitars.
did they not think they were the british equivalent of fender or something?
with the trend for retro looking guitars at the moment a revived burns would do well.
my lad has nice reissue 72 tele custom with two hum buckers that is nice to play.
i also liked prs guitars but couldn't justify the money to sit in the cupboard.
tried one and hated it.
but tried out a prs tremonti my brother bought recently that played like a dream
suppose they are like cars in the fact you can get a "friday" model of anything

Reply to Fundamental mistake in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Recommended Sponsor News

Exclusive Forum Offer! Free euro 2024 wall chart for first 10 responses!

Hi everyone,

We have 10 exclusive Uheat EURO 2024 Wallcharts to giveaway for Electricians Forum Members! The first 10 people to reply YES to this thread - I will message and get them sent out to you just in time for this years tournament! GO GO GO

Quickwire Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net

I am sure you will join me in welcoming our newest sponsors of ElectriciansForums.net - Quickwire! They have decided to join us after seeing you guys discussing their products here. Now we have an expert on board that you can chat to @Quickwire-Sam who will be happy to answer your queries!

[ElectriciansForums.net] Quickwire Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net

@Quickwire-Sam said "At Quickwire, we're all about speed, safety, and reliability. We're a family-run business, and every Quickwire connector is proudly made right here in the UK, ensuring noticeable quality. In short, Quickwire is the fastest connection method on the market. Whether you're an experienced electrician or a DIY enthusiast, Quickwire makes electrical connections ridiculously quick and easy. We're passionate about blending British craftsmanship with innovation. If you have any questions or if there's any way we can help, please just ask me!"

PCBWay Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net!!

I hope you will all join me in welcoming our newest sponsor to the forum PCBWay! You can contact their friendly people by sending a message to @PCBWay who will be happy to answer your queries.

Welcome to the community and thanks for your sponsorship!

[ElectriciansForums.net] PCBWay Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net!!

PCBWay provides services including PCB Prototype and batch Production, PCB Assembly (SMT), 3D Printing, CNC Machining, PCB Design, Electronics Modules Selling, etc. We are committed to meeting the needs of global makers from different industries in terms of quality, delivery, cost-effectiveness, and any other demanding requests in electronics.

[ElectriciansForums.net] PCBWay Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net!!

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back