fuseboard move | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss fuseboard move in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

domestic spark

has anyone got any problems if i do this.

i plan to move a fuseboard in a kitchen to the other side.

Extend the circuits by crimping them.

run new tails from existing incoming meter in MT4 trunking with 16mm earth (tails 25mm double insulated).

run is roughly 6/7meters.

thanks pointers, welcome.

cheers durham. tails are a pain. isnt it the case that the DNO dont like tail runs of over 3 meters, because your relying on there 60/80/100a fuse? and dont know the facts but, do i need to fit an isolator to the start of tail run because of the length.?

from memory if the db is more than 3 metres away from the cutout than it must be fitted as a submain,eg a switchfuse at the cutout and a suitable lenght of cable to the db.

I did one of these last year for a customer, If over 3 metres an isolator has to be fitted at source, i ran a 25mm 2 core swa with a 16mm earth.
i also used an eclosure and mounted a din rail and terminated the cables into dinrail connectors.

You should install a switchfuse suitably rated and NOT just an "isolator".

DNO will only guarantee fault protection up to 3 meters.

yeah, but that's where the money is. in my local job centre today there were 2 electrician jobs within 20 miles, but about 100 in the south east.

Reply to fuseboard move in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
Yeh that’s my thinking. I have to supply the box so can order a bigger 3 phase option to give myself a bit more room
Replies
Views
Yes the first bit is just standard wiring, TNS lead cable into cut-out, cut-out to meter, meter to DP isolator, top of isolator is sealed as per...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If it's buried ducting, have you thought about digging up a section of the buried cable close by, cutting it and pulling in a few extra meters...
Replies
Views
  • Question
seems to be a big song and dance over this one guys, this is bottom basement stuff and seriously I cannot believe one the thread was put up and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Issue is certain sizes of cable may theoretically be okay but upon the proper testing when it’s commissioned things like a thing may not test out...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks