fused spurs how many | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss fused spurs how many in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

pablo4321

My son has just bought a house,but there is no power to the garage,can he come of a socket which is on a ringmain to a socket in garage then onto a fused spur unit to power a light many thanks.

You will need an electrician to carry out the work, if the the garage is attached this sound ok but the ring main will need to be tested and will require rcd protection. An electrician will also check the bonding and earthing on the installation.

good practice would be to get a socket off the ring main and to make sure that socket is part of the ring and not a spur then you can get a fused spur off that socket. different people would do it differently.

Reply to fused spurs how many in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
It can be easy to lose the sequence of things. If the fused spur has a neon indicator and this isn’t coming on then I wonder if -the original...
Replies
Views
It depends on where that SFU 'sits' in the circuit. If it's there as a courtesy isolator for the fridge socket then potentially yes as it could...
Replies
Views
  • Question
To avoid disappointment have no expectations. I wouldn't be surprised if that FCU was running warm with just 8A.
Replies
Views
I have been well informed by your replies. Totally confident going forward now. Extension lead would present a hazard if left in (semi)...
Replies
Views
That will work fine as long as the Pirs use relay switching, some don't.
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks