G83 Notification | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss G83 Notification in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

danesol

I noticed in my paperwork that it refers to submitting a G83 - within 28days of commissioning, is this ontop of supplying the fits forms to your energy company ??

I assume the installer does this and sends it to your energy provider ???

I've been recently informed some installers arent even notifying solar installs via G83's at all regardless of whether they are above or below the 3.68kw threshold !!

I wonder what the long term effect of this maybe ???

Failing to comply with the G83 notification requirements could lead the DNO to ask for the system to be disconnected from the grid. Not a good idea.

I have a feeling that the decent installers left after this fiasco are going to have to take all the flak for the rubbish that has been installed in the last 6 weeks. Dodgy installations will crop up on biased programmes like Watchdog and we're all going to be tarred with the same brush. It's going to be a difficult 2012.

I have to agree also, having spoken to the DNO in my area, he was already aware that some systems have been connected to the grid with no approval at all.
Does make you wonder what else some companies do just to get an install?
2012 may well be difficult, but I believe it will sort out who is professional, and who isn't!

I have to agree also, having spoken to the DNO in my area, he was already aware that some systems have been connected to the grid with no approval at all.
Does make you wonder what else some companies do just to get an install?
2012 may well be difficult, but I believe it will sort out who is professional, and who isn't!

I have sent in my G83 for every install, Never get a reply from the DNO, I rang them a few weeks after my first install and they said they wont reply unless there is a problem. I have always wondered how do i know they have received the application?? I have always send them recorded delivery since that first one.

It takes minutes to sort a G83 form out - what's the issue?

Couldn't agree more!! All of our installs have been in areas where the DNO is Western Power. We fill out the form and email it off, and even in these crazy few weeks we've had a formal acceptance letter for every install within 4 working days. Takes 3 minutes max per form. Simples:sunny:

I have to big up Electricity North West they are great, we usually have an email confirmation the following day and even now that they are really busy we're still getting it within 3/4 days.

Reply to G83 Notification in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net