Im testing some badges out. | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Im testing some badges out. in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hang in there lol

If you were Esteemed before you're super Esteemed (at least for now I can mess with the names once I've finished the maths). Those who were nearly Esteemed are Esteemed now. Only very very slightly below the original threshold.

Then there are two more above super Esteemed.

But I've clocked the issue.

I've gone 1 to 2 then 2 to 4 (for example) and it should be more like 1 to 1.9 then 2 to 3.9 and 4 to something.

(That's not the actual math that's the only way I could explain the issue without delving in too much)

Hang in there for me. Will sort it tomorrow.

Hang in there lol

If you were Esteemed before you're super Esteemed (at least for now I can mess with the names once I've finished the maths). Those who were nearly Esteemed are Esteemed now. Only very very slightly below the original threshold.

Then there are two more above super Esteemed.

But I've clocked the issue.

I've gone 1 to 2 then 2 to 4 (for example) and it should be more like 1 to 1.9 then 2 to 3.9 and 4 to something.

(That's not the actual math that's the only way I could explain the issue without delving in too much)

Hang in there for me. Will sort it tomorrow.
So some of the ones who were esteemed aren’t now, some of the ones who weren’t esteemed now are and some who were super esteemed aren’t esteemed or super esteemed atm 🤣🤣

So some of the ones who were esteemed aren’t now, some of the ones who weren’t esteemed now are and some who were super esteemed aren’t esteemed or super esteemed atm 🤣🤣
Something like that mate yeah.

I'll keep the top one Esteemed and come up with some better names, but to encourage new members to post to earn something is good for the forum. The Esteemed being the ultimate goal.

Haha no that was a write off wasn't it 😅

I should have just gone with 1,2,esteemed,4 lol

How does it work this esteemed, to qualify does your reaction score need to be higher than your post count.

How does it work this esteemed, to qualify does your reaction score need to be higher than your post count.

Thats what it starts with mate yeah then includes join date and a few other things.

I've always thought that the danger with badges based on thread count alone is simply that one thread of genius wisdom can be worth 10k of utter drivel, but, there's no way really of policing that unless the badge system was made to reflect likes and solutions, I guess.

I've always thought that the danger with badges based on thread count alone is simply that one thread of genius wisdom can be worth 10k of utter drivel, but, there's no way really of policing that unless the badge system was made to reflect likes and solutions, I guess.
Automatically awarded badges beat group based decisions which don't last hands down.

Posts are like little snippets of peer reviewed information and the likes has always been a way to see which ones are more popular.

Drivel will always be posted but people using likes well usually discourages it. Not always though eh.

Thats what I was trying to say, also you could be a member that has hit the "target", for one reason or other not been on for ages and still retain your "badge".

Thats what I was trying to say, also you could be a member that has hit the "target", for one reason or other not been on for ages and still retain your "badge".
You should keep what you earn.
It’s like saying if you don’t spend your pay you have to give it back. 🤣

You should keep what you earn.
It’s like saying if you don’t spend your pay you have to give it back. 🤣
Your badge will mark your like and post count the same way. Its just people with 50k posts and 100k likes are leagues above you and had the same badge.

So I'm sorting them out and like a good boy you'll have to wait.

Okay people you should all have the lower down badge at least now.

So they go:-
  1. Nearly Esteemed
  2. Very Nearly Esteemed (shouldn't be in this group long in most cases)
  3. Esteemed
The bar has been raised for esteemed, but there are badges now dished out from 500 posts for new members too.

PLEASE CAN EVERYBODY ALWAYS LIKE A POST IF IT HAS HELPED YOU OR EVEN JUST APPEARS TO BE GOOD ADVICE??!?!

As it really is the way to help members get the credit they deserve.

Thanks
Chief Brew Maker

Reply to Im testing some badges out. in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net