Garage electrics - running cable through garden | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Garage electrics - running cable through garden in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

I have asked an electrician to install electrics in my house's garage. I'm happy with the electrical work he has proposed and quoted for, but I wanted to check his approach to running the cable to the garage.

A armoured cable will exit the house through the meter cupboard on a side wall, run down the side of the house, and then across the garden to the garage. Most of the trench will be fairly easy to dig - the problem is that there is a brick path running along the side of the house. My electrician recommends taking up the brick path and its concrete base, digging the trench, and then re-laying the path afterwards.

Is this how all electricians would approach it, or would some electricians have the equipment to tunnel under a narrow (1 metre) path?

Reply to Garage electrics - running cable through garden in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

And if it's a garage then use metal clad accessories.
Replies
Views
  • Question
What is the distance from the point outside the house to the shed?
Replies
Views
Sounds more positive.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Can imagine getting a 6mm through an existing conduit of 22mm with a cable already in might have some challenges in it’s self. Obviously not been...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks