garden shed Ze | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss garden shed Ze in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

£

£££sjim

I have a question.How do I get the Ze for my shed ? do I get it at the intake to the small consumer unit inside my shed then do the usuall Zs= Ze + (R1+R2)The source of supply is from a socket in the garden that is direct from the house CU RCD protected. or would I have to use the Ze from the house intake position. My shed is stand alone with a light circuit 6amp mcb and two radial circuits 20amp mcb all protected by RCD. another problem I have is if the shed CU trips the house Cu trips too. both protected by 30ma RCDs the garden sockets are 32amp mcb.

Without seeing the installation I would say the ZE is taken at the incomer to your shed DB with the earth disconnected and on your cert marked down as ZE at the DB

I have a question.How do I get the Ze for my shed ? do I get it at the intake to the small consumer unit inside my shed then do the usuall Zs= Ze + (R1+R2)The source of supply is from a socket in the garden that is direct from the house CU RCD protected. or would I have to use the Ze from the house intake position. My shed is stand alone with a light circuit 6amp mcb and two radial circuits 20amp mcb all protected by RCD. another problem I have is if the shed CU trips the house Cu trips too. both protected by 30ma RCDs the garden sockets are 32amp mcb.
why didnt you put the supply on an rcbo then?

Have a nice day and try not to worry to much.

Attachments

• [ElectriciansForums.net] garden shed Ze
    images2G5DS7QQ.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 205
[ElectriciansForums.net] garden shed Ze..

Thanks for your efforts at being totally unhelpful and reverting to sarcasm. Only one reply was use full to a genuine query. I am fully qualified but was asking for advise not childish remarks. This is a forum where advise from knowledgeable people is sought. So far you have all failed all but one..your attitude is l am clever your not so I will be a dick. Thanks dick heads.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your efforts at being totally unhelpful and reverting to sarcasm. Only one reply was use full to a genuine query. I am fully qualified but was asking for advise not childish remarks. This is a forum where advise from knowledgeable people is sought. So far you have all failed all but one..your attitude is l am clever your not so I will be a dick. Thanks dick heads.

A bit uncalled for me thinks.

Your post was fairly clear and describing a set up where you have 2 RCD's in series, was always going to get you some flack... but you knew that didn't you?

Nope, the attitude is don't advise those who clearly have no clue as it will only encourage them.

If this is the case then why are you asking these questions on here?

YAWN zzzzz zzzzz zzzzz
2 weeks away and the same old amature carp !!!!!

Aye well, when I came back it was as though somebody had blitzed the place with a big broom - there wasn't a shed thread, RCD tripping, bathroom fan wired to an outside light of shall I bond this plastic pipe? thread in sight.

It was bliss for a short while but now I see them sliding back in through the gap under the door.

It wouldn't be so bad if they had a sense of humour but it seems that went the same way as their common sense - Over the hills & far away. (there must be a song about that somewhere) - and they get all arsey.

Reply to garden shed Ze in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net