Gate Automation | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Gate Automation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

James

-
Staff member
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Solutions
Reaction score
I have a customer who wants the following.

2 x Metal gates (existing and about 2m x 2m each)
Electrically operated with the following functions

ANPR with an easy to update database / web interface for the allow list

Auto entry for recognised vehicles
a key pad for pin entry with intercom function for guests / visitors

may be a push button to open one gate only for pedestrian access during business hours only

Auto exit for known vehicles and vehicles that have been granted access after intercom request.

it is about 50m away from the building and all the sensors / power will need to be fed underground

I would like to be able to feed it simply with an armoured cable for power and a second armoured data cable. (don't mind a switch being installed at the gate house)

Anyone got any recommendations for a system that can be configured to do that?

I've been fitting CAME gate kits.
They are very adaptive, have intercoms, keypads, fobs, autodialers entry exit.
They also do a lot of wireless kit that has been very useful where the customer doesn't want the drive cut or dug up.

Not so sure on the anpr entry exit have never been asked so far.

On one install we used EV SWA with the cat5 built in as it was easier to use that for power and com cores.

Reply to Gate Automation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net