Gay apprentice | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Gay apprentice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Well if my apprentice told me he was gay I wouldnt be half as bothered as I am now that he is putting on so much weight that I am doubtful he will be able to get into lofts safely. He started 18 months ago at 6ft 2" and about 13 stone, hes now pushing 20 stone and rising. Would prefer gay and slimmer as I am now seriously considering having to let him go on Health and Safety grounds.
if you need a replacement give us a shout im 6"2 and slim but not gay!

Here's a question for the OP... What if your apprentice was female and you found out she was in a relationship with another female? I bet the question would not be on here then or if it was it would be for bragging rights!

I recommend you catch up with times:thumbsup

are we sure that the OP is not actually the apprentice himself, who is wondering if he should tell his boss/tradesman. If it is, then here goes,: you can tell him/her, but its upto you. Dont ever be worried by what others think, and to be honest anybody thatwould be funny about it wouldnt be worth working for IMO. If io had somebdy working with me who was gay, then i wouldnt care. I might take the mick in a friendly way, but anybody who works with me is liable for some stick, and i hope they would give it back!

are we sure that the OP is not actually the apprentice himself, who is wondering if he should tell his boss/tradesman. If it is, then here goes,: you can tell him/her, but its upto you. Dont ever be worried by what others think, and to be honest anybody thatwould be funny about it wouldnt be worth working for IMO. If io had somebdy working with me who was gay, then i wouldnt care. I might take the mick in a friendly way, but anybody who works with me is liable for some stick, and i hope they would give it back!

there is a pun in your last sentence lol

If this thread was set 20yrs ago it would be totally different; with comments, puns, accusations slander etc etc , its good to see times are changing but sticking my neck out here i will say you have also avoid been too PC about it, any sector of society should have a tolerance to a little banter but the problem is when it turns into an offensive attack, whether your black white yellow gay straight .... there is gonna be someone out there who will use it against you, the problem is when the mass start attacking your identity that damage is caused, personally i dont feel i should have to tiptoe around ppl, approached the right way you can tell a gay person a gay joke or a blind person a blind joke and get a genuine laugh, but if it become an habit then its abuse.
PS im a ginner so deal with it!!!!! :) ... but i know when to laugh along and when to take offense.
To note im only against this thread because it incites mass anti-gay comments although im pleased it didn't and supprised to be honest as i grew up in the good old days where attitudes were different...... and no im not if the thought entered your heads but i wouldn't have issues with any of my family saying they were.

His training provider will come down hard on any perceived prejudice , not heard of diversity training? It is unlawful to discriminate against him!
treat him or her like anyone else.I have some great gay customers
!

Reply to Gay apprentice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net