Currently reading:
Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :)

Discuss Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) in the The Electrical Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net

We have this thread on TilersForums.com and it's just been restarted because the old thread had 20,000 replies and 500,000 views. And there were 700 pages. Started to lag a bit on slow connections.

I think we had a bash of this before, but I can't find the thread, so thought I'd start another one off.

If you have time in the mornings, come post in the thread before you head off to work, let us know what you've got on and what the weather is like in your area etc. Anything at all is fine. :)

Posts and likes get counted towards your total stats in this thread.

So GOOOD MORNING PEOPLE - WEATHER IS NICE TODAY IN STOKE. I'M THANKFUL IT'S FRIDAY, HAD A RUBBISH WEEK. THANK GOD IT'S OVER.

View attachment 53708

Last edited:
Good on her for sticking up for herself! Too many places out there treat their workers like rubbish, including some big brands (that I have seen on the TV - other brands for everything are available (lol)).

Fingers crossed for the middle one to pass, I passed on my second time even when I had stalled it so if she thinks she has messed up carry on, because you never know!

I love musicals as I may have mentioned! But Annie is not one of my faves, hopefully it will lead her on to better parts - doing 5 is admirable in one show! Well done her!

I love musicals as I may have mentioned! But Annie is not one of my faves, hopefully it will lead her on to better parts - doing 5 is admirable in one show! Well done her!
She’s worked up from a nun in Sister Act, to a cheerleader in Step It Up… (wearing a mascot parrot outfit) to Pugsley in the Addams Family to Violet in 9 to 5….
Annie is a showcase for the younger ones in the school, but the seniors are doing Chicago at Xmas. She’s got the Mama Morton part…

The same can be said for every terrorist group - still doesn't justify their actions. The people who blew up Warrington and Manchester believed in what they were doing. Does that belief justify their actions?
I didn’t say their actions were justifiable or that in some way I agree with what they did.
What I disagree with is the sweeping statement that they are really just vandals using stop oil to hide their real intent.

I didn’t say their actions were justifiable or that in some way I agree with what they did.
What I disagree with is the sweeping statement that they are really just vandals using stop oil to hide their real intent.

A vandal is a person who willfully destroys, damages or defaces property belonging to another or the public.

Those people wilfully defaced Stonehenge so are vandals.

Difficult to avoid generalisations, and I'm sure there have been a few steel erectors or brick layers blocking roads under one of the names used by this group, but those interviewed/arrested/making statements atop a snooker table etc. appear to come from quite privileged backgrounds. Unusual name, frightfully well spoken, well schooled and holding a degree in the study of north eastern Nepalese dung beetles.

For want of a better description, people whose lives hold no apparent meaning and who clearly feel fighting for one cause or another somehow fills that void. Not sure why they don't take a job as a carer - pehaps wiping peoples' backsides wouldn't be as fulfilling (or provide anywhere close to the same level of attention) as causing annoyance and irritation to a large number of people.

@Dan any idea why I always have a notification even when I have caught up on everything?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240622_211445_Chrome.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 15
Morning everyone - happy Monday!

Did you all enjoy the sun over the weekend?

Sun? I was at home in Wales! Long drive up to Great Yarmouth yesterday afternoon, all at double time :) I'm currently sat in the sun. Got to wait while they get things ready for us.

Sun? I was at home in Wales! Long drive up to Great Yarmouth yesterday afternoon, all at double time :) I'm currently sat in the sun. Got to wait while they get things ready for us.
Oh well I am sure there are worse ways to spend Monday morning, would love to be at the seaside!!

Sun?! Sun?

When we were young we didn’t get “sun”… You’de be lucky if we got a flicker of a candle flame to get a tan…..

Anyway… making the most of this week, then off up to aviemore for a few days. Just me, the wife and the dog. Have my birthday up there, then back for the election.

Daughters driving test didn’t go well yesterday. Only 5 minors, but they said she didn’t check her mirrors enough while reversing.
I thought that was a bit strict, as I know she is very particular.
Hopefully she gets to resit soon.

I mentioned a few weeks ago when the sun came out that I don’t work in shorts. Work trousers should give some protection.
Last night I proved my own point.

Nipped out after 6 to swap over a neighbours hob. I had already had a shower and was wearing shorts around the house… didn’t bother getting changed again.

Whatever cowboy had fitted the hob on the first place had used Araldite or something to stick the hob down onto the worktop… it would not budge.

Homeowner went at it with a knife, trying to get under the glass hob to cut away whatever it was… ended up smashing the glass in several places, showering the worktop, the floor, my tools with tiny shards.

As good as he was at cleaning it all up… he didn’t find every shard of glass…. my knee did, though.

Warm trickles of blood running down my leg. Nice.

Daughters driving test didn’t go well yesterday. Only 5 minors, but they said she didn’t check her mirrors enough while reversing.
I thought that was a bit strict, as I know she is very particular.
Hopefully she gets to resit soon.

I mentioned a few weeks ago when the sun came out that I don’t work in shorts. Work trousers should give some protection.
Last night I proved my own point.

Nipped out after 6 to swap over a neighbours hob. I had already had a shower and was wearing shorts around the house… didn’t bother getting changed again.

Whatever cowboy had fitted the hob on the first place had used Araldite or something to stick the hob down onto the worktop… it would not budge.

Homeowner went at it with a knife, trying to get under the glass hob to cut away whatever it was… ended up smashing the glass in several places, showering the worktop, the floor, my tools with tiny shards.

As good as he was at cleaning it all up… he didn’t find every shard of glass…. my knee did, though.

Warm trickles of blood running down my leg. Nice.
My family used to live a few doors down from the driving test centre, I also used to repair a lot of stuff for them, strangely enough all 8 of us passed our tests first time :)

You should have said I'll come back when it's out.

Would have then had time to put your trousers on :)

Last edited:
Talking of glass, the inside pane on one of our conservatory glass roof units crazed and deposited all over the inside of the room the other day, could understand if it was the outside pane due to impact, but this was the inside pane, it was a recent replacement unit so can only think it was a manufacturing fault, it is being replaced free of charge.

Gosh glass disasters all overr the place! Everyone try not to injure themselves today!

Reply to Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) in the The Electrical Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock