Discuss Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) in the The Electrical Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net

We have this thread on TilersForums.com and it's just been restarted because the old thread had 20,000 replies and 500,000 views. And there were 700 pages. Started to lag a bit on slow connections.

I think we had a bash of this before, but I can't find the thread, so thought I'd start another one off.

If you have time in the mornings, come post in the thread before you head off to work, let us know what you've got on and what the weather is like in your area etc. Anything at all is fine. :)

Posts and likes get counted towards your total stats in this thread.

So GOOOD MORNING PEOPLE - WEATHER IS NICE TODAY IN STOKE. I'M THANKFUL IT'S FRIDAY, HAD A RUBBISH WEEK. THANK GOD IT'S OVER.

View attachment 53708

Last edited:
Tour of Britain cyle race is in West Northants today and wings through our village at about 13.40.
So I set the video and joined the crowd as they come through Naseby seemed to be more support and police motorcycles than competitors. Get back to watch on TV and ITV4 decided to put on adverts through our village:mad:

They were in the Borders, Kelso last Monday, with the old cobbled streets. Which must be a hell of a ride on a racer.
You need a mountain bike to get over some of those stones.

We had the women's race come through a few years back and they came through on the downhill road into the village, the men didn't. The speed the girls came through around a tight bend was quite scary.

Okay, well past midday but been busy. So far I've cleaned the pond and tank filters, been shopping, cooked food, washed up, sorted my timesheet, packed my bags for the week and soon I'll be leaving for the just under 4 hour drive to the weeks hotel. I'm staying at Burgess Hill this week and working at Shoreham power station. It's right next to a sewage plant so I hope the wind is blowing out to sea.

Okay, well past midday but been busy. So far I've cleaned the pond and tank filters, been shopping, cooked food, washed up, sorted my timesheet, packed my bags for the week and soon I'll be leaving for the just under 4 hour drive to the weeks hotel. I'm staying at Burgess Hill this week and working at Shoreham power station. It's right next to a sewage plant so I hope the wind is blowing out to sea.
Morning all! 🌄

I used to live in Barlaston Stoke on Trent, proper nice area but has stoke on trent sewage works a field away from us. So it stank. Whenever you wanted a BBQ they'd put the smelly machine on as we called it (we now know it's more to do with overflows than the works) and we would have to go in. Managed a few years there then coudn't handle it anymore. People used to say if you don't go nose blind in 12 months you're not going to.

They hated my subarus and mitsubishi evos and stuff i had then. Noisy exhausts and always had one in bits round the back.

Subarus and Evos are after my time. When I was young I had a 1977 Camaro followed by a 1984 mk2 Astra GTE. Then came women and a Vauxhall Cavaliar :confused:

Is this the Camaro?

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OiuRRX4w230

if so, awesome car! Love it.

My 2nd car was a mk2 astra, only the 1.4 though as I was only 18. That said insurance for the 18 year olds now is on another level, spoke to a guy a few weeks back who said he has a 900cc yaris because nobody will insure him even as a named driver on anything bigger until he's 25!

Not a bad start to the week - before morning coffee and just put a three week booking for Saudi in the diary, just landed out of nowhere.

Is this the Camaro?
Right shape but mine wasn't a Z28. Just a plain old Camaro. I also had a Talbot Sunbeam 1.6S at the same time. It was too expensive to drive the Camaro everywhere.
We insured my son earlier this year. He's 18 (19 next month) with a Renault Twingo. It was just over £1000 which I thought wasn't too bad considering he had just passed his test.

Ive got one ready to sit her test, and another just about to turn 17 for lessons.... the car insurance will be more for the newly passed, than for the learner...

i think im nearly 200 a month for the transporter van, rangerover evoque for wifey and me.... and all of us on a kia picanto...
Took the eldest off the insurance while she's away

I think today will be a very short working day. Two days ago I started feeling dodgy. By the end of yesterday I felt really rough. I woke up this morning to be greeted by a guy dressed in black, carrying a scythe and ridding a white horse called Binky. Yes, I've got 'manflu'.

Boooo I fell asleep 2 days ago at 6pm, then yesterday had a good wee and nearly pood myself had to sit down. Think I've got the lurg too a bit.

Friday the 13th today @Moley no wonder the reaper wants the body they've lent you back.

Today and tomorrow I'm on a LOLER course. Sat in a cold classroom. Hope the exam is easy at the end.

Oooooh, cruel 🤣
Actually there were a few A and B answers too. Practical bit tomorrow then a drive down to Kent for Wednesday.

Reply to Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) in the The Electrical Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net