GU10 LED Spotlights fading | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss GU10 LED Spotlights fading in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electron

-
Arms
Reaction score
I changed five MR16 Halogen lights for a customer in March to LED. Used Ledhut Fire Rated GU10 with 5.8W lamps. About a month ago three of the lamps were not very bright and one stopped working. I told Ledhut who sent replacements (the offer a five year guarantee) and I replaced them. Now the same problem is back. Asked Ledhut for advice but none forthcoming. Lamps are outside under deep eaves. The originals MR16's worked for 20 years with no problems. Any suggestions?

I suspect water and or damp are getting into the lamps, just like my flipping deck lights, which are allegedly IP65 rated, yet I'm on my third set!

Edit; What's the IP rating for your cans?

I would touch anything LED hut sell with a barge-pole. I know someone who done their whole house in their dimmable GU10's and had nothing but dramas. Dimmers not dimming the lamps correctly, noticeable humming and all using dimmers that that LED hut claim are compatible. I would purchase some other brand of lamps.

I would touch anything LED hut sell with a barge-pole. I know someone who done their whole house in their dimmable GU10's and had nothing but dramas. Dimmers not dimming the lamps correctly, noticeable humming and all using dimmers that that LED hut claim are compatible. I would purchase some other brand of lamps.

I dunno, fitted some of their lamps nearly ten years ago in my house, still waiting for them to go u/s so I can't fit something a bit more modern.

images

I changed five MR16 Halogen lights for a customer in March to LED. Used Ledhut Fire Rated GU10 with 5.8W lamps. About a month ago three of the lamps were not very bright and one stopped working. I told Ledhut who sent replacements (the offer a five year guarantee) and I replaced them. Now the same problem is back. Asked Ledhut for advice but none forthcoming. Lamps are outside under deep eaves. The originals MR16's worked for 20 years with no problems
are their any led drivers in or normal transfomers

Reply to GU10 LED Spotlights fading in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net