'had a new consumer box fitted, it keeps tripping' | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 'had a new consumer box fitted, it keeps tripping' in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

Kiers1970

No problem mate, I can come and have a look.
whats the cost.
Explain I cannot give a fixed coast as I haven't a clue how long it might take to fix. £45 for first hour then 20£ an hour
'Can't you give a fixed cost, I haven't a lot of money'
No.

A builder I know always takes his own tea with him. Unheard of? That's what I thought. He explained he'd once done a job for someone whose first language was not English, who kindly brought out cups of tea during the work. When he presented them with the bill, they gave him a cheque smaller than the one expected, along with a price list for the cups of tea which made up the difference.

PJ

I reckon if an old Lady offers you a nice cup of Yorkshire tea you would be fine.:smiley2:

I get a bit of work from one family round our way, they have restaurants and property. The guy always pays me without any problem at all, no haggling no "I'll nip to the cash point and drop it round your house" I finish the work, give him the cert and out comes the wallet or cheque book. His sister is another matter entirely, she always is £10 or £20 short or she's waiting for a cheque to clear. Needless to say which one gets the work done quicker

Kam, no offence meant, but some customers like to haggle over an agreed price, AFTER the work is completed.
And in my experience, and other trades too, they are often from other more exotic climes.
And it's hardly an offensive remark.

quoted for a job in a Kebab shop a couple of years ago. Good one too. Did the job and then he tries to chip me on the price so I gave him a 50 quid discount. Now I go in there every couple of weeks and Ive never paid full price again. I always take the odd quid off the price. Think he is regretting the deal by now

Reply to 'had a new consumer box fitted, it keeps tripping' in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net