Currently reading:
UK Heatrae Sadia Electromax boiler not powering up at all

Discuss Heatrae Sadia Electromax boiler not powering up at all in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

blacbabo

DIY
Reaction score
Hi all,

The boiler, a Heatrae Sadia Electromax, is connected through a Timeguard timer. It's programmed to run between 20:30 and 22:30 every day and has been working fine until last night. I noticed there's no hot water coming out of the shower. Upon checking, the timer seems to be working fine. I can see the status changes on the display when the preset time is reached. However, the output LED did not light up, and the boiler is not powering up at all. Nothing is lit up on the boiler control panel. No power, no alarm, nothing.

Could someone give me some advice, please? It would be really appreciated.

Attachments

• timer.png
    971.4 KB · Views: 25
  • boiler.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:
If the Timeguard output green LED never lights up, have you checked the 13A fuse (with a meter), or tried a replacement fuse?
The timer and switch precede the fuse, which is on the output side of this device.

Otherwise you could try resetting it according to the instructions:
Hi Avo,

Thanks for the reply. I tried resetting the timer a couple of times and even cutting the power, but no luck. I thought it might be a blown fuse, but I googled it and found out it’s probably not that since the timer still turns on. I think this is beyond what I can fix, so I guess I'll call an electrician.

Thanks again for your help

I thought it might be a blown fuse, but I googled it and found out it’s probably not that since the timer still turns on
I'm sorry I wasn't clear. The instructions for the Timeguard include a block diagram clearly showing that the 13A fuse is on the output of the unit, so the timer should continue to work (except the output light may not light) even when the fuse has blown (assuming their diagram is correct!).
I urge you to at least try another fuse! If I've misunderstood I apologise, but for the price of a fuse it might be worth a try.

IMG_0628.jpeg

Of course if the fuse has blown because of a new fault, you will need the electrician.

Last edited:
I'm sorry I wasn't clear. The instructions for the Timeguard include a block diagram clearly showing that the 13A fuse is on the output of the unit, so the timer should continue to work (except the output light may not light) even when the fuse has blown (assuming their diagram is correct!).
I urge you to at least try another fuse! If I've misunderstood I apologise, but for the price of a fuse it might be worth a try.

View attachment 117093

Of course if the fuse has blown because of a new fault, you will need the electrician.
Thanks for the clarification. I'll check the fuse before calling an electrician. By the way, do you happen to know how to access the fuse? The closest information I found online suggests inserting a screwdriver into the slot near the 'FUSE' label and gently turning it counterclockwise.

Thanks for the clarification. I'll check the fuse before calling an electrician. By the way, do you happen to know how to access the fuse? The closest information I found online suggests inserting a screwdriver into the slot near the 'FUSE' label and gently turning it counterclockwise.

Yes, switch off and then carefully use a screwdriver to prise the fuse holder out.

Might take a jiggle or two (technical term that)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Heatrae Sadia Electromax boiler not powering up at all in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock