Hello, Back to School time? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Hello, Back to School time? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

cablemonkey

Hi new friends,

Please can any body help with a few qualification questions. Eventually I would like to run my own electrical/cabling installation business working in commercial and domestic property. I would also want to have my JIB card and be NICEIC approved.

Back in 1995 I studied for 2 year and successfully passed my NVQ 2 in electrical installation to 16th edition regs. I did not progress into NVQ part 3 as I got a nice earner installing data cable and did the odd electrical install for friends and family.

I have loads of City and Guilds certificates with cover the following qualifications.

2360/05 102, 103
2360/05 101
2350/01 001, 002, 003, 004, 005, 006

I would like to update my skills to help me one day become a well rounded competent electrician.

Are my old qualifications any good or will I have to start again with 17th edition?
Please can you tell me what qualifications I need to get as things have changed loads?
I know some C&G course are changing soon and will this affect me?

Thanks for any help and I think I will on this site loads

well, you'll definitely need the 17th. it's 1 evening a week, £250. or, if you fell confident enough, some colleges will allow you to just sit the exam, about £35.

Upvote 0
You would be best to speak to a local college as the qualifications you state are only level 2, you may be able to complete 2330 level 3 if you are lucky if not then the QCF level 3 components will need to be done to get your Level 3 technical certificate. Also you would need an NVQ 3 and an AM2 examination, that should be enough to get you a JIB card with a grading of electrician, if you want to progress to approved electrician grading then its 2 years as an electrician and pass 17th edition regs and 2391

Upvote 0

Reply to Hello, Back to School time? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net