Hello from a Domestic Installer | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Hello from a Domestic Installer in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

5-Week-Wonder

Hi,

Been lurking for months, but now finally decided to now add my voice to the mix.

Completed a domestic installer course in early 2009. Registered with the NIC about 6 months ago. Just got my 2391. Not sure where that puts me in the pecking order?

I know that experience is not on my side, so I'm mainly here to learn.

So, hello!

Electrical Trainee

I've already said hello,

Again Welcome aboard 5 Day. (edit sorry 5 Week)

To be fair to you, I don't think your a really 5 week wonder... I know it takes alot longer than that to get 2391.. so respect

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all! Not been on the forum for a while! Just been in two minds on weather to mention that I have passed an EAL Domestic Installers Course along with my 17th edition 2382 and the building regs! I have now enrolled on a 2392 inspection and testing course to help improve my chances of employment. I know a lot of you experienced electricians do not approve of these courses but the way I look on it is that now I have some knowledge I am looking to gain experience with working along side a skilled electrician an hopefully gain the level 3 NVQ then applying for the J.I.B to get the full qualification as an electrician, I know this will take me another few years yet! What are the thoughts from experienced electricians on employing a person with these quals as an electricians mate? Ps sorry for long winded post!!!

Hi all! Not been on the forum for a while! Just been in two minds on weather to mention that I have passed an EAL Domestic Installers Course along with my 17th edition 2382 and the building regs! I have now enrolled on a 2392 inspection and testing course to help improve my chances of employment. I know a lot of you experienced electricians do not approve of these courses but the way I look on it is that now I have some knowledge I am looking to gain experience with working along side a skilled electrician an hopefully gain the level 3 NVQ then applying for the J.I.B to get the full qualification as an electrician, I know this will take me another few years yet! What are the thoughts from experienced electricians on employing a person with these quals as an electricians mate? Ps sorry for long winded post!!!
if you are aware that where you are now is a step on the ladder and you are progressing from mate upwards, then can't fault you. good luck with future training.

Thank you telectrix, have been a bit nervous of coming back on here an telling of my new quals as so many look down on these qualifications! I do not consider myself an electrician by far but like you said its a foot on the ladder an I still need experience and other qualifications to reach the ultimate goal of "ELECTRICIAN" but thank you for your praise

Reply to Hello from a Domestic Installer in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net