help compleating domestic electrical installation certificates | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss help compleating domestic electrical installation certificates in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

mcm

-
Reaction score
a few questions can anyone please help.

on the second page particulars of installation at the origin, it states number of smoke alarms do you fill this in if you have fitted the smoke alarms yourself or do you still fill it in i.e put down 2 even if their is 2 smoke alarms in the house.

under main switch or circuit-breaker if it is a sub main do you put the main switch in this case a 61009 rcd or the mcb 60898 type 2 feeding the board.

is the max zs permited for a 60898 type 2 the same as a type b.

insulation resistance testing line/line what is this live to live on a ring main only.

:confused:

Only the work you cover! If you install a single circuit then NO, if you do a board change then YES!

Main Switch will be the 61008 Rcd on a sub board.

60898 type 2 ?? Do you mean 3871 type 2 ? If so then NO!

IR Line/Line, I thought that was for 3 Phase only...!?

Cheers

Last edited:
1) I have never seen smoke alarms detailed under the particulars of the installation ? What is the design of your cert?
2)Main switch or circuit breaker refers to the main switch or circuit breaker for the INSTALLATION not the submain. IE main switch on incoming consumer unit so 61008 by the sounds of it
3)type 2 ? sounds like a BS3871 MCB you have there not a BS60898
4)I R line to line refers to three phase only not applicable for ring circuits

Spud

5 s if cabling run surface and supply outlet rated greater than 32A. (which i assume it is if 40A) is it a shower or cooker? only 0.4 s if cabling behind plaster or in partition @ depth less than 50mm

Reply to help compleating domestic electrical installation certificates in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net