Help needed - Domestic Visual Condition Report | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Help needed - Domestic Visual Condition Report in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering if there's any kind soul out there who has a blank electronic copy of the above. I'm with Elecsa but i understand the certs are nic ones and can't find any without SPECIMEN written accross them.

I have 3 of these lined up for Wednesday and would hate to turn the work away

I'll owe whoever a big drink :)

To be honest, although it looks less professional I'd copy the NIC form to suit your needs and use that. A basic inspection isn't (in my opinion) as stringent as a full PIR and I often just issue a rundown of the condition on headed paper, listing any faults or concerns, along with a quotation to rectify them. I do keep a record of my results just in case but for what people realistically want to pay for this I'm too tight to go out and buy a book of forms!
My main customer base has been tight fisted letting agents who have to justify the costs to even tighter fisted landlords who would mostly not bother. They seem to be more than happy with my set up so far.
Except for the fact that 90% of the properties (which have been passed year in, year out by some old fella who spent 2 hours a time there) have been ripped to shreds. In one week, 5 inspections, I found 2 with no bonding, the remaining 3 with undersize bonding. 1 with VIR feeding the lights, totally bare metal behind the switchplate (wooden back box....obviously) and the final property had one switched fuse running all the lights and sockets and NO EARTH at all. :eek:
I'd LOVE to know what the old duffer was doing for his 2 hours! :confused:
And breathe......:D

Reply to Help needed - Domestic Visual Condition Report in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net