help needed please 3 phase electrics | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss help needed please 3 phase electrics in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

big ron

Hi everyone could anybody help me please im applying for a job im a recently qualified electricain an the job title is asking for the following ... specific knowledge of 3 phase electrics and its applications to maintain and repair a full range of electrical and mechanical equipment in retail areas..ie tesco,adsa,morrisons ect. can anyone help me with what sort of stuff the 3 phase will be suppying ,i Know it will be some sort of motors or maybe to bakery equipment, but what im trying to do is to research and get some knowlage and any questions i mite get tested on. any help will be greatly appreciated

Regards Ron :)

It'll be to the bakery equipment, mechanical services equipment such as air handling units, supply/extract fans, pumps, boiler plant etc etc.

It sounds like a facilities management company, have you had any experience of these sort of systems?

A good example of when 3 phase is required is large plant, similar to as IQ mentioned. When a piece of plant has a large demand, balancing it on 3 phases allow for a lower demand on each phase, lowering all the switchgear cabling and costs. Facilities equipment like AHU's or motors may be three phase. Also very common for catering equipment to be 3 phase (mixers, ovens etc).

It'll be to the bakery equipment, mechanical services equipment such as air handling units, supply/extract fans, pumps, boiler plant etc etc.

It sounds like a facilities management company, have you had any experience of these sort of systems?

i have a little,ive done ppm on 3 phase distribution boards changed blades on bread slicers, change fillters and belts, ive worked for tesco maintenance as a mobile technician but has only been basic if we couldent sort the problem we would get contractors in , the job im applying for is a instore technician job in a retail supermarket, but you will do maintance on every think in the building , its just the part were it says specific knowledge of 3 phase electrics and its applications to maintain and repair a full range of electrical and mechanical equipment. thanks ron

List of 3phase stuff in supermarkets

Lighting busbar , lighting contactors ,roller doors,Heating plant ,Refrigeration plant,bakery ovens roll /bread plant , butchers slicers mincers ect depending on manufacture , Yard sockets for trailers , over door heating the list is endless As for maintaining the equipment most of the big players hire the equipment or have specific contracts for maintenance ,breakdown

Good luck in your interview Dont get stressed out about it tho

List of 3phase stuff in supermarkets

Lighting busbar , lighting contactors ,roller doors,Heating plant ,Refrigeration plant,bakery ovens roll /bread plant , butchers slicers mincers ect depending on manufacture , Yard sockets for trailers , over door heating the list is endless As for maintaining the equipment most of the big players hire the equipment or have specific contracts for maintenance ,breakdown

Good luck in your interview Dont get stressed out about it tho

ok m8 cheers thanks alot :):):):):)

Reply to help needed please 3 phase electrics in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net