help needed urgently | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss help needed urgently in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

waynelester

I am fitting a consumer unit and have major prob with ring circuit.at first i was getting a short circuit on insulation test between live and neutral,spent all day testing.change a few sockets and thought prob solved readings now okay so connected up.every think seemed fine cetral heating on,alarm on.tested sockets 240v ok.but as soon as a substantial load is connected ie tv rcd tripps at any socket ,help please totally ****** off

Last edited by a moderator:
have you tested the rcd to see if it is faulty ie normal testing and ramp testing?

edit : is anything else connected that could be giving significant earth leakage ie fridge. Try with everything disconnected and slowly build up the load to work out if it is an appliance or particular appliances.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes i was struggling yesterday.had short circuit between live and neutral.took all sockets of and tested at each socket worked one by one replacing sockets fitted two new sockets,all tests were fine.but trips rcd when any load is put on circuit

check your neutrals to see if they are in the correct positions , a crossed neutral will trip the RCD when load is applied ,other causes is earth leakage as has been mentioned shared neutrals , faulty RCD , so carry out RCD tests etc ,

Reply to help needed urgently in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Sure the new ACB will be compatible with the old one and thanks for reminding :)
Replies
Views
I fitted a Mem MR30 Pod and MCB, about £75 for both.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Gingerrubix, The fact that your previous Tenant replaced a faulty socket plate which he used for an external EV, raises an eyebrow. Also your...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I suspect that the Wylex metal CU was put in during the 1978 work, perhaps along with the majority of the wiring, and rather less was done in the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
CONCLUSION (Couldn't see how to edit title) It was not belting it down with rain today, so lifted the manhole cover. The pump is about 2 metres...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks