Help pleasee with course | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Help pleasee with course in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

Craigyboy

The information i have is this:

I would learn in the domestic installer course - Price £3995
-Part p defined scope
C&G 2377- in service portable appliance testing
-2330-201
-2330-202
-2330-203
-2330-204
-C&G 2382-10 17th edition wiring regs
-C&G 2392-10 - certificate in fundamental inspection,testing and verification

I would then have the option to go on and do the full package which would include all the above and below-
Price for whole course £5775

C&G 2330-301
2330-302
2330-303
C&G 2391 practical exam plus AM2 test level 2
C&G 2356 - NVQ level 3

My question is would this actually be enough to obtain a C&G 2330 level 2 and level 3 certificate, i realise there are more modules than are listed here and i am not going to pay out 5k to get a bodged certificate.

Please pm me if you know any different!
Thanks

train 4 trade skills and it says depending on how much effort you put in but on average 24-36 months.

I just don't know if it's going to give me a proper industrial recognised certificate.

Hi Craigyboy,
Here is the courses I am doing at the moment. I'm just about to start Level 3 and could be finished it by the end of March, still got a long way to go. I'm putting in a lot of studying though.

· City & Guilds Levels 2 and 3 Certificate in Electro-technical Technology (City & Guilds 2330)
· City & Guilds Level 3 NVQ Certificate (City & Guilds 2356)
· Solar Photovoltaic Course
· Part ‘P’ Applicable Building Regulations
· 17 Edition Wiring Regulations (City & Guilds 2382)
· PAT Testing (City & Guilds 2377)

Due to the current climate I recon you can negotiate the price, you could also quote other training companies to help barter.

Hi Craigyboy,
Here is the courses I am doing at the moment. I'm just about to start Level 3 and could be finished it by the end of March, still got a long way to go. I'm putting in a lot of studying though.

· City & Guilds Levels 2 and 3 Certificate in Electro-technical Technology (City & Guilds 2330)
· City & Guilds Level 3 NVQ Certificate (City & Guilds 2356)
· Solar Photovoltaic Course
· Part ‘P’ Applicable Building Regulations
· 17 Edition Wiring Regulations (City & Guilds 2382)
· PAT Testing (City & Guilds 2377)

Due to the current climate I recon you can negotiate the price, you could also quote other training companies to help barter.

Where are you studying that??
What modules does the 2330 level 2 and 3 include in yours?

If you complete the full package course you will have all the recognised qualifications in the trade at the moment. The 2330 modules gives you all the theory knowledge and the 2356 is the practicle qualification. Have you had a look at your local college, they will do the same qualifications for a fraction of the cost. I'm just completeing my 3rd year at college which has cost me just under a £1000, the NVQ is costing £600 to do. The 2391 course ranges from £250 ish up to £600 ish and the 17th edition regs costs about £200. The 2330 and 2356 qualifications are merging into 1 in March? so might be an idea to speak to your local college and see what they say before paying out a load of money. College will take 3 years to complete no matter what but looks like if you put the work in you can finish the other 1 quicker.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you complete the full package course you will have all the recognised qualifications in the trade at the moment. The 2330 modules gives you all the theory knowledge and the 2356 is the practicle qualification. Have you had a look at your local college, they will do the same qualifications for a fraction of the cost. I'm just completeing my 3rd year at college which has cost me just under a £1000, the NVQ is costing £600 to do. The 2391 course ranges from £250 ish up to £600 ish and the 17th edition regs costs about £200. The 2330 and 2356 qualifications are merging into 1 in March? so might be an idea to speak to your local college and see what they say before paying out a load of money. The time frames are similar for both routes.

I intend to go to one of these opening events in february before i shed out for that course. I've emailed C&G and they couldn't give me a definate answer if it would give me the full certificate that course as there are about 8 other modules in level 2.
I've also applied for a JTL apprenticeship and have my assessment at the beginning of feb, i want to get into this trade one way or another and time is running out as im now 22 :(

I'm retraining at 40 so it's never to late. The course you have been looking at seems to give a better spread and depth of knowledge than a lot offered. Some courses will only give you a basic understanding of whats required and will pretty much confine you to domestic installing.

I'm retraining at 40 so it's never to late. The course you have been looking at seems to give a better spread and depth of knowledge than a lot offered. Some courses will only give you a basic understanding of whats required and will pretty much confine you to domestic installing.

Yes it looks great on paper, but if it doesn't actually give you the full 2330 certificate then it's a waste of £6000.
I believe at the end of it ill be competent but it's proving that to employers, thats where the little pieces of paper come in handy.

I've just had a look at their website and had a bit of a search round on the net about them. Looks like you have to start doing the theory at home and once you reach a required standard you can then book in and start the practicle side of things, not sure if this is the best way to learn the trade. I'm doing 1 night a week at college and we do 2 weeks theory then 2 weeks practicle which has worked really well. You don't get bored with endless theory and you get on the tools straight away.

Good luck with your JTL interview, if you get that then you'll be at college.

I've just had a look at their website and had a bit of a search round on the net about them. Looks like you have to start doing the theory at home and once you reach a required standard you can then book in and start the practicle side of things, not sure if this is the best way to learn the trade. I'm doing 1 night a week at college and we do 2 weeks theory then 2 weeks practicle which has worked really well. You don't get bored with endless theory and you get on the tools straight away.

Good luck with your JTL interview, if you get that then you'll be at college.

JTL are just the apprenticeship provider, unfortunately i still have to find an employer :( and im struggling!!
Thats my first choice though, then 2nd choice would be to go to my local college but im sure that you have to be in a work related position to do the part-time course at my local college. 3rd choice would be this train 4 trade course i think!
I had one of the reps come round my house a few days ago and i loved how he had this rehearsed pitch that has obviously twisted so many people up, unfortunately for him i had a few questions of my own what he had no answers for, shame really because a few people on here rate these courses highly but the reps selling them as complete an utter morons.
He also said i had 3 days to make my mind up lol... don't think so sonny jim!

Reply to Help pleasee with course in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net