Help with Cabinet Shelf LED lighting | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Help with Cabinet Shelf LED lighting in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dave8989

DIY
Reaction score
Hi there,

We’ve got a glass cabinet/bookshelf with 4 shelves that we’d like to add some lighting to. We’ve been trying to figure out how to get 4 separate rows of LED strip lighting (~90cm)to connect together to one power source so they function simultaneously.

Can anyone help find what products we need to buy? So far it’s looking like we need the cuttable LED strip, along with 4 connectors and pins to then link to a power plug. Is there a simpler way/product?

Thanks in advance

You can buy accessory packs for most makes of led tape… which include adaptors from flat tap to ribbon cable, T shaped connectors etc… and you can branch off any number of times, as long as the total length doesn’t exceed the driver power output.

You match the accessory pack to the tape… ie, plain white will only be 2 contacts on the tape.
Red/blue/green might be 4 or even 6 contacts.

For an example….

But there are others, possibly cheaper on anazon

Reply to Help with Cabinet Shelf LED lighting in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Thank you for your quick and excellent response - I hadn't thought about the cables changing over time. I'll replace all three. Thank you once...
Replies
Views
Thank you so much for your help I appreciate it alot. I learnt alot and saved alot of money in the progress kudos. Best wishes to you too.:bowing:
Replies
Views
Hi, I am restoring an old art deco, wall mount medicine cabinet. The cabinet has an 18” fluorescent light tube on each side. Before I put a lot...
Replies
Views
Thanks little spark. Good point but the drivers I'm considering have a sync and communication between driver function. So (as long as it works)...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks