Hi all, question about notfiable work as I'm qualified but not registered yet? | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Hi all, question about notfiable work as I'm qualified but not registered yet? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys, so any (quick) advise on this will be appreciated, I've got my part P, 17th and 94/95 qualifications however I'm not registered yet. So how do I go about issuing Certs and who should I contact to notify my work? I'm in London..

Well I think you are looking at the planning side and on the forms it says Part P electrical work and say if you are able to inspect and test and issue certificates the fees are greatly reduced ie three local council to are one is free the other two are £65 and £85 which is greatly reduced. The fees you are quoting I am sure are for a DIY where they come out and inspect and test and issue a building notice.

The fees you are quoting I am sure are for a DIY where they come out and inspect and test and issue a building notice.
But that's the rub, how do you prove you are competent? Most LBC's don't have the ability, time or inclination to make an assessment of an 'electricians' ability. They'll just refer you back to the 'approved Part P scheme'. Might be a route for a one off notification, but not for a business.

Other lbc ask for a copy of you C&G 17th edition and a inspection and testing qualification and a copy of your certificate you have issued. That is how you prove and then you get on the LBC list of approved contractors

Reply to Hi all, question about notfiable work as I'm qualified but not registered yet? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net