Hi and happy Labor Day | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Hi and happy Labor Day in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I’m John, 38, and I’ve been installing smart home systems for the last 4 years. My electrical background led me to smart tech, and I’ve been hooked ever since.

I’ve worked on everything from simple lighting setups to full home automation. I’m here to share my experiences, learn from you all, and talk about the latest in smart home tech. Looking forward to connecting!

And by the way, happy Labor Day to all the hardworking folks out there!

Hi everyone,

I’m John, 38, and I’ve been installing smart home systems for the last 4 years. My electrical background led me to smart tech, and I’ve been hooked ever since.

I’ve worked on everything from simple lighting setups to full home automation. I’m here to share my experiences, learn from you all, and talk about the latest in smart home tech. Looking forward to connecting!

And by the way, happy Labor Day to all the hardworking folks out there!
I've just done a spell working all over the place (mostly east and west coast but lots of tumbleweed in the middle..) and was pleasantly surprised by the number of Nest thermostats I spotted all over the place.

I've just done a spell working all over the place (mostly east and west coast but lots of tumbleweed in the middle..) and was pleasantly surprised by the number of Nest thermostats I spotted all over the place.
Nice! I've noticed a lot more Nest thermostats on my jobs too. They're great for energy management. Any cool installs you’ve done with them?

Nice! I've noticed a lot more Nest thermostats on my jobs too. They're great for energy management. Any cool installs you’ve done with them?
The largest one is actually a long time ago now, over ten years. Was something like 8 stats, 2 system boilers, couple of air-cons and a dozen-ish of the smoke alarms also acting as occupancy detection for the heating zones. I had to make a custom control panel for it all.

The largest one is actually a long time ago now, over ten years. Was something like 8 stats, 2 system boilers, couple of air-cons and a dozen-ish of the smoke alarms also acting as occupancy detection for the heating zones. I had to make a custom control panel for it all.
Wow, that sounds like a massive setup! Custom control panels always add an extra layer of complexity but make the system so much more efficient. Have you worked with any newer smart home tech since then? It’s amazing how much has changed in the last ten years.

Reply to Hi and happy Labor Day in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net