Currently reading:
horly rate

Discuss horly rate in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

I would ask the guy for his number. Just say you are always looking for help in this busy time.

Call him book him, film him and shop him.

We can't compete against thieves and rogue traders.

So get the evidence, find a job that is like his day job. i.e if he might have some armour cable, see if you can get him to supply that.

I met a bloke like this, pleasant enough fellow. He drove a very nice company car and told me his firm would allow people to keep the "left-overs" from jobs and that he had a garage full of 2.5 and other cables. He gave me a price for rewires that meant that I would be better off just getting him and his lads to do my rewires and make a decent profit without even getting out of bed, BUT I would need to sign them off. I was not interested in joining the black economy.

All of the laws seem to target the people doing things in a legal way and never seem to deal with the stench of criminals that run rings round everyone else.

We all need to take responsibility to report catch and rid the system of this,
[h=3]All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing[/h]
Martin

Try working out what yo want to earn a year £25K for example then add your years van insurance £600 Then Liabilaty Insurance £800 then add your part P Regestration £450 Then a years fule for the van £2500 (if your lucky) Road tax £150 the cost of your 2nd hand van over 5 years so £1,000 per year and so on and so on but lets say there are another 2k of costs and i'm sure thats low witch adds up to £32,500. now work out how many days a year there are. 365 days then take off weakends 104. that leaves 261 now take off your holladays so lets say 4 weaks. thats 20 days leaving 241 days. Thats 8 days less than someone on the books but hey were sellf employed! Now if you work 8 hours a day for those 241 days thats 40 hours per weak! you can charge £16.86 per hour. But that means you dont have time to go to the bank, go to collect materials, quoting, site visits, take the van for MOT or any other thing you need to do. Allso there would be no spare cash to buy a new drill or van tyre.

you would actualy be working for less than £13 per hour with all that hassle. you could be working for someone else for that with out the stress!

Is it worth it?

A reasonable rate would be at least £30 per hour

I charge £30 per hour for a spark or £37.50 for spark and apprentice. Its been this way since 2007 and I have not put it up.
End of the day we are in business to make money, you might as well work for somebody if you work for less.

Hi guys, really interesting stuff i charge £250 on my own p/day or £330 for me and mate! Now im really thinking im to cheap what do you think? When i say £250 a day people turn there heads but after reading this i feel confused by it all.
Im in Birmingham so would be interesting to know what you think?
Thanks

Hi guys, really interesting stuff i charge £250 on my own p/day or £330 for me and mate! Now im really thinking im to cheap what do you think? When i say £250 a day people turn there heads but after reading this i feel confused by it all.
Im in Birmingham so would be interesting to know what you think?
Thanks

That sounds about right for the Lincolnshire area but I'm not sure for Birmingham.

the thing is what can people expect in this hour, every job is different and they can all come with problems... i do believe when you have all the proper buisness legalitys if you want put it in place then £15 per hour doesnt cut it... but then in some jobs it woud if you have nice steady organized job..... its a tricky buisness to make it clean cut and transparrent what you earn and what you will get done in a certain time , la la la la la la la hum

you win some you loose some

getting subbed in is a completely differnt kettle of fish

I'm in Newcastle and I'd want £150 - £200 per day net.
Domestic callout 1st Hour £50 and £25 for every hour after that but If there all day just day rate .
Similar for Commercial but £70 and £30.

When I put my tax return in I always think "all that ball ache for that"

Absolutely spot on post!

This is true with all trades I see some that barely scratch a living but are excellent tradesmen and others that are coining it in because they have a well designed business model

I sadly learned the hard way by also working far too cheap but have restructured my whole costing system and really focus on customer service and a professional image and my profits have soared over the last few years

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to horly rate in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock