Horstmann H425 Timer Replaced with E7+ but not working | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Horstmann H425 Timer Replaced with E7+ but not working in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Sach160

DIY
Reaction score
I have a Gledhill Pulsacoil III cylinder. Recently the Horstmann H425 timer stopped working and I hired an electrican I know well to replace it with a modern Secure Horstmann Electronic E7+ Hot Water Programmer (Gledhill confirmed this timer is compatible). He says he connected it up the same way as the previous old timer H425, which worked fine before the mechanism failed.

However I think he must have got something wrong, as the boost element works fine on the timer but the economy 7 element is not working at all. I can see this from the app. Both elements have been tested with a multimeter and are reading about 17-18 Ohms so they're ok (or at least either should both be working or failing). I have coloured the wires in thew photo to show how it's wired up.

Does anyone have any idea of what's wrong or a recommendation of someone around London very familiar with these timers who could likely repair it?

[ElectriciansForums.net] Horstmann H425 Timer Replaced with E7+ but not working

[ElectriciansForums.net] Horstmann H425 Timer Replaced with E7+ but not working

Reply to Horstmann H425 Timer Replaced with E7+ but not working in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net