How long would this take you to do, on price? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss How long would this take you to do, on price? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Good evening all, need some guidance with time management and pricing. I haven’t really done any price work before and recently becoming self employed I’ve been offered to do these 1 bed disabled flats on price.

I’ll be second fixing everything here’s the list

10-12 way board + test

pendants - 6

Fluorescent light - 1

Light for bathroom - 1

Extractor fan - 1

Smokes/ heat & CO2 - 7

Double sockets - 17

Switches - 7

Spurs - 9

Data’s - 6

Tv points - 3

Single sockets - 3

4 gang 20amp switches and plate - 1

45 amp double pole switch - 1

45 amp cooker outlet - 1

My rough guess it’ll take me 1.5 - 2 days? I’m not the flash but I’m not slow and I plan to just smash it out 8:00-15:00 have 1 quick luck for 15 mins at 12. And pricing wise I’m thinking £550 everything will be supplied it’ll be labour only price work.

Good evening all, need some guidance with time management and pricing. I haven’t really done any price work before and recently becoming self employed I’ve been offered to do these 1 bed disabled flats on price.

I’ll be second fixing everything here’s the list

10-12 way board + test

pendants - 6

Fluorescent light - 1

Light for bathroom - 1

Extractor fan - 1

Smokes/ heat & CO2 - 7

Double sockets - 17

Switches - 7

Spurs - 9

Data’s - 6

Tv points - 3

Single sockets - 3

4 gang 20amp switches and plate - 1

45 amp double pole switch - 1

45 amp cooker outlet - 1

My rough guess it’ll take me 1.5 - 2 days? I’m not the flash but I’m not slow and I plan to just smash it out 8:00-15:00 have 1 quick luck for 15 mins at 12. And pricing wise I’m thinking £550 everything will be supplied it’ll be labour only price work.
I’m in the US but that’s a lot of work for that amount of money. I think you should double that. Good luck

Double or triple price and time.

For labour only, you’re losing out on material mark-up.

Who pays if the materials aren’t on site for you when you need them?

Are they new builds, with no other trades in the way?

Is it just you, or have you another pair of hands that need paid out of this?
You’re looking at 40 quid an hour

Disabled flats?
Is there going to be warden call points or anything going in? Emergency lighting?

£275 per day?

7 Fire Detectors - In a 1 bed flat? (Its CO not CO2 BTW)
6 Data points - In a 1 bed flat for a disabled person?
17 Double sockets!

Quantities seem OTT!

Double or triple price and time.

For labour only, you’re losing out on material mark-up.

Who pays if the materials aren’t on site for you when you need them?

Are they new builds, with no other trades in the way?

Is it just you, or have you another pair of hands that need paid out of this?
You’re looking at 40 quid an hour

Disabled flats?
Is there going to be warden call points or anything going in? Emergency lighting?
Hi yeah they’re new build council flats, I’ll be doing them myself. I’ve done something similar just 1-2 bed council flats on day rate and I would do it in a day but these disabled ones have so much stuff I’m struggling to see how long it’d take me to do..

There could be potentially panel heaters to fit, virgin and telecom for door entrance too.

Reply to How long would this take you to do, on price? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net