incoming tns supply | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss incoming tns supply in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Had this on job I looked at yesterday. The sheathing is cut back on supply. Is that ok?
How do I attach picture?

Attachments

• [ElectriciansForums.net] incoming tns supply
    image1.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 118
  • [ElectriciansForums.net] incoming tns supply
    image.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 106
Just above where you are typing, click on the 3rd icon in from the right " add image", then add from computer, then add file.

I changed a cu on a tns last week and the earth that was connected to the sheath was only about 4mm so i rang the dno to change it and they refused, they will only change to pme now and charge for the privilege but he said " don't worry, it won't be hundreds of pounds!" unless its a bad reading which it wasn't or its dangerous which its not

Yes that's within my report. Main bonding and gas/ water upgraded. Another registered sparks had fitted metal faceplate sockets and made no reference to what was pretty obvious. I'm fitting new DB with additional protection.
Lack of cicrcuit segregation but young couple, little money so rewire is beyond them.

I've seen hundreds of domestic supplies like that, about 450mm from the floor. I lived in a Victorian house with a supply just like that and the lead seal was broken when I moved in, the meter reader noticed it and they accused me of tampering with their fuse etc I demanded they enclosed the supply cable for protection or something to that effect and that was the end of it lol

Reply to incoming tns supply in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net