Induction loop help plsy | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Induction loop help plsy in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
http://www.canford.co.uk/ProductResources/ig/5653.pdf

SIGNET (AC) - PDA200E INDUCTION LOOP AMPLIFIER | Premier Farnell CPC UK

hi all

doing my first induction loop system

basically fire alarm guy advised me on what to do and sent me the above products

he told me to run a cable around the room and that's what I've done,

ive wired the PDA200E to the mains and put the two ends of the loop in, now I'm struggling to connect the mic system up to it

It's a hall where meditation will take place so hopefully no need for the Apm boxes which have come as I haven't put the wires in, so he or she can just talk into the wireless microphone that's come ,don't understand how I can wire them together ,

any help would be great

thanks
grand

If the mic receiver is only feeding the loop amp, just connect the XLR output of the RX to the line input terminals of the amp using screened single-pair audio cable. XLR pin 1 via screen to Gnd, pin 2 to L1+ and pin 3 to L1-. Set the Mic TX gain to just avoid clipping when speaking loudly, the RX gain midway and the Line1 and Drive presets in the amp as per the 'Second Fix' instructions. If you need more input level to get the loop amp into compression, increase the RX gain. Then ideally test the loop using a calibrated tester again as per instructions. The mic input of the amp is not used.

Last edited:
you need to connect an outreach microphone unit to the induction loop, then just plug the output from the radio microphone into the outreach unit using xlr patch lead.
Do you have all test equipment, to set the loop system..?....you will be required to provide a IEC 60118-4 cert to state the system conforms to the correct background noise db levels, Field strength db levels and frequency response level.

Ah, is that the preferred convention Tazz - to connect the RX via the input socket plate? I'd have permanently wired the RX and left that as an additional input. OP - listen to Tazz, he knows whereof he speaks...

It just makes it easier and neater....when not in use unplug the patch lead, from the wall xlr socket. and the Mic receiver.
This unit is actually made by C-TEC, under the same PDA200 number.
There are a lot of DDA regs now, with IEC6018-4 being one for induction loops. And they need to be setup correctly. Or you can hurt someones hearing, even tho the are partial deaf.

thanks guys

i think i have the xlr plate and looking at the rear of the wireless amp it looks like i can pug in there allso, not on the job until the tomorrow afternoon so will check then, mind you thinking about it i dont remeber seeing a patch lead to go between them but there might be, remember seeing a 3.5mm lead (but a BIG ONE) if that makes sense.

cheers
Grand

p.s a bit dear them testers was just going to get a person with an hearing aid and testing it out.

You can get a plate with 3.5mm phono plugs, will still be ok. Testing is a bit more than listening through an hearing aid, the tests mentioned are compliant if certification is required. If you just turn the drive up, the unit will peek an cut out every few minutes, same with line level. The tests also ensure clarity by setting frequency response.

But can see you will just fit, not issue a certificate and hope all works.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok i seem to have a couple of these

a plate and one on the back of the wireless mic receiver

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=a...ed=0CAcQ_AUoAg&dpr=1.25#imgrc=pB9IqnRpYu_7MM:

i also have 3.5mm jack plate , but the cable i have is a 6mm jack lead with plugs on each end, do i need to get or can you even get a 6mm jack to 3.5mm adapter?? or do i need to get 6mm jack plate??

or am i best to get the apxm lead??

sorry if its confusing

From your own Microphone instructions, you can see you can either used a 6.3mm phone plug or and xlr plug. C-TEC supply outreach plates in 3.5mm, 6.3mm, and xlr....Personally I would use the xlr plate and lead. Its a balance output, which gives less feedback than phone.

Looking at your microphone and the induction loop outreach plate instructions......what do you think it needs.
I can see apart from hurting people ears and giving them headaches.....your going to have problems commissioning this

Ok glad to see you are getting it commissioned correctly, it is important...seen & heard hearing aids coursing distress in banks a public buildings when not setup properly.
The PA200 is mounted on the wall, and powered up by fused spur, mount the outreach xlr socket at a easy accessable place to the microphone receiver. And wire the outreach xlr socket to the PA200 as shown. Using the xlr patch lead (Male to female xlr lead) plug one end into Microphone receiver and the other into the outreach socket....thats it.
For testing suggest buy another lead or adaptor (Xlr to 3.5mm) this will allow a cd player to be connected, so you can set the system with the test cd to obtain best frequency/background noise ratios.

As an Amazon Associate Electricians Forums may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
This is why the outreach socket is used, it gives a line input for mic or direct input, by using phantom voltage......in other worlds you can connect anything through this input

Reply to Induction loop help plsy in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net