Industrial electrics vs domestic | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Industrial electrics vs domestic in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Just thought i'd start a tread on this, as I have now got experience in both departments. what does everyone prefer. I personally think that i learnt alot more in the industrial side of electrics, but in industrial you tend to spend all day(s) putting the conduit and trunking runs, just to run a small cable.

your thoughts please.........

regards luke

industrial every day of the week
will never go back to sh#tty houses biult in wardrobes laminate floors and people who want you to wave your wand and their socket appears on the wall working without chopping the wall and replastering or unsitely trunking dont even get me started on the amount of gear you have to shift

industrial every day of the week
will never go back to sh#tty houses biult in wardrobes laminate floors and people who want you to wave your wand and their socket appears on the wall working without chopping the wall and replastering or unsitely trunking dont even get me started on the amount of gear you have to shift

The amount of people who I have come acroos who think you only have to screw a sockrt to the wall and it works with having to run cable to it amazes me.

I have recently pplied for an industrial job as a maintenance technician(electrical). Im hoping i get it because im sick of house bashing, un believeable the **** u gotta put up with from people because there is a bit of dust lol. Its as if they think dust sheets are used to have dust just "stuck" to it, lol.

Like industrial must admit not so much hassle getting paid ! BUT there are two sides of the scone ! done work for a nurse and a very nice one at that she was a staff nurse and the meter/cu was in her bedroom she spent most of the time laying on the bed lol almost made me poke the screwdriver in the cutout at times !

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Industrial electrics vs domestic in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net