Industrial or Domestic | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Industrial or Domestic in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Mike_Somerset

Hiya guys,

I've just started a part time course to gain the C&G 2330 Level 2 & 3.

Just a side note if anyone is interested in doing this.

I was offered the opportunity on my first day to swap my course to a government funded apprenticship as I already work in the electronics / electrical sector, the qualifications that you gain are the C&G 2330 Level 2 & 3, NVQ 3 and AM2. This course is available to anyone between the ages of 18 to 85 providing they are already working in some form of electronic / electrical sector.

Ok, on to the question:

I have about this course is that the tutors seem to be very pushy when it comes to which sector we should all learn, they all say that its best to go in to Industrial side of being an electrician instead of Domestic wiring.

If I was to go along the industrial wiring route would I still be able to do the domestic wiring as well?

Thanks in advance.

Mike Neath

I would definately go industrial, more money, more work about, more intresting etc. And yes you will be able to do house bashing (Not that you will want to after youv'e done industrial work), you will learn at college and you can just get someone who does it to show you, could probably teach a child how to re wire a house it in a week.

Hiya guys,

I've just started a part time course to gain the C&G 2330 Level 2 & 3.

Just a side note if anyone is interested in doing this.

I was offered the opportunity on my first day to swap my course to a government funded apprenticship as I already work in the electronics / electrical sector, the qualifications that you gain are the C&G 2330 Level 2 & 3, NVQ 3 and AM2. This course is available to anyone between the ages of 18 to 85 providing they are already working in some form of electronic / electrical sector.

Ok, on to the question:

I have about this course is that the tutors seem to be very pushy when it comes to which sector we should all learn, they all say that its best to go in to Industrial side of being an electrician instead of Domestic wiring.

If I was to go along the industrial wiring route would I still be able to do the domestic wiring as well?

Thanks in advance.

Mike Neath

hello mate.....have you got any more info on this goverment funding apprenticship?? maybe a website i could look on etc........thank you...

Reply to Industrial or Domestic in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net