Industrial to domestic | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Industrial to domestic in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi
As an Industrial electrician for 20+ years
I was wondering what I need to do domestic installations and sign off work. I read some things on part p, but that left me confused as they come and Inspect your work, but I can't start notifiable work without being part p?
Thanks
Neal

Ah the old chicken and egg that so many people fall foul of,

To notify , notifiable work e.g full rewires to building and planning control you first need to be part pee registered (often referred to as scam registered)

But to get scam registered you need to show them 2 sometimes 3 notifiable jobs

One way to circumvent this stumbling block is to rewire some new circuits at your own house and maybe upgrade your own consumer unit (this is what I did) then get your scam of choice round , join , then notify the work you did at your own house.

Ah the old chicken and egg that so many people fall foul of,

To notify , notifiable work e.g full rewires to building and planning control you first need to be part pee registered (often referred to as scam registered)

But to get scam registered you need to show them 2 sometimes 3 notifiable jobs

One way to circumvent this stumbling block is to rewire some new circuits at your own house and maybe upgrade your own consumer unit (this is what I did) then get your scam of choice round , join , then notify the work you did at your own house.
and the house is still standing...... i'm impressed.

Reply to Industrial to domestic in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net