Currently reading:
UK Inspection - Basic fault coding questions

Discuss Inspection - Basic fault coding questions in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have to re-sit 2391 photo coding assessment (having passed the rest), and have a couple of simple scenarios I was unsure about last time. (I know I will get different photos this time). I'm curious how everyone asses these:

The task is to identify all faults (if any), likely outcome, and code C1/C2/C3/FI.

1) Switch isolator mounted to wall (switched ON and energised) - armoured cable looped to ground (unsupported) then up back onto the wall in a single cleat, with stripped and exposed conductors ends taped up in red insulation tape.

2) Switchgear and distribution boards in a largish store room, littered with "stuff," such as tables, mops, brooms, and other equipment. The room is plenty large enough to safely work, but everything is currently inaccessible, as it is used for storage.

3) Old Wylex-style wooden board with rewirable fuses. Plastic covers missing from main incoming L - N on the main switch.

4) Plastic light switch hanging away from wall wired in black/red twin and earth with tiny red ring of sleeving on switched line conductor. CPC terminated to metal back box. (*Also should I assume "I" have removed the light switch to inspect? or code it C1 - direct access to live parts?)

Many thanks in advance.

1) Was the isolator definitely on? How did you Code this?
3) There is quite a lot you can note for this one.
4) Assume it has been removed for your benefit as in 3) where the consumer unit has no cover.
Remember some of the pics need no Codes.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Inspection - Basic fault coding questions in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Courses

This is the main Electrical Courses at ElectriciansForums.net. Find local recommended electricians courses. Avoid training "company" scams. Always go view the training centre before booking any electrical courses.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock