IPX4Pull Cords | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss IPX4Pull Cords in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi All

dose anyone know if you can get a IPX4 Pull cord for zone 2? to switch fan heater 13A
Hope you've had a good Christmas and looking forward to the new year

Many Thanks

Steve

Hi All

dose anyone know if you can get a IPX4 Pull cord for zone 2? to switch fan heater 13A
Hope you've had a good Christmas and looking forward to the new year

Many Thanks

Steve

Surely, the very nature of a pull cord would mean that you can use a standard one? I can't say I've ever heard of one but then I tend to stick to commercial stuff. What situation would you need it for?

if it's a 13Aheater, methinks there be a problem with overloading a standard pull switch. maybe a 45A shower pull would do

if it's a 13Aheater, methinks there be a problem with overloading a standard pull switch. maybe a 45A shower pull would do

I think MK do a 15/16A version, might look a bit better than a full size shower pull.

I've had a look and closest I can find is a 10amp fan isolation pull cord, most bathroom heaters that are ipx4 rated have an internal pull cord. Why don't they make them?

I saw this but no mention of an IP rating? T&Earth needs it for zone 2. Can he still use it if it has no danger of being splashed by water?

I saw this but no mention of an IP rating? T&Earth needs it for zone 2. Can he still use it if it has no danger of being splashed by water?

Yes, that's fine, it's a contact-free switch and shouldn't be splashed anyway.

Hi Guys

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my thread. Have fitted 45A D/P shower pull cord. However just read in 'Practical Guide to Inspection & Testing of Electrical Installations' 17th ed by Christopher Kitcher page19 "is isolation provided, if so is it within prescribed zones? (Remenber the switch can be anywhere outside of zone 2) Many Thanks Steve

Hi Guys

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my thread. Have fitted 45A D/P shower pull cord. However just read in 'Practical Guide to Inspection & Testing of Electrical Installations' 17th ed by Christopher Kitcher page19 "is isolation provided, if so is it within prescribed zones? (Remenber the switch can be anywhere outside of zone 2) Many Thanks Steve

Regulation 701.512.3 Makes an exception to 'pull cords of cord operated switches'

Hi IQ
Thanks for answering my question. Now looking at BRB 701.512.3 and it mentions "insulating pull cords" what are these? do the refer to a IP rating I'm really confused sorry to labour the point but would love to know the answer.

Many Thanks
Steve

Reply to IPX4Pull Cords in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net