Is it only me that gets fussy customers! | Page 3 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Is it only me that gets fussy customers! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Cat

-
Arms
Reaction score
Fitted a 4 gang switch in a big bedroom, after i finished the lady came in and said "i don't like that" there are 2 switches, a gap and 2 more switches, i want the switches without a gap! OK i say i will change it for a grid switch.

By the bed is a 3 gang switch, 1 for wall lights, 1 for 5Amp sockets and 1 for down lights that are 2 way with the 4 gang switch. All lights were off but 2 switches were in off position and 1 was in "on" position.
"customer" why is one switch on and 2 switches off when all the lights are off?
"Me" it's because 1 light is on a 2 way switch.
"customer" well i don't like that, i like symmetry.

I couldn't think of an answer that didn't involve the words f*** off you tw**

I have read most of the replies but after the 2nd glass' of wine on an empty stomch im finding it hard to see never mind read , firstly most customers like this need a slap as they are designers of every possible configuration of switch available having said that top cat have you ever used scholmore click now if you havent then you must try them i only use them now and the main reason is there switches are interchangeable give you an example if you need a intermediate on a 2 way face plate have you ever tried getting one ... impossible .. no all you do with click is unscrew a screw on the back remove the switch and replace it with a intermediate no need for grid and the do a complete range of switches that dont look like grid so a 4 way would be easy just a 4 way face plate 4 switches and bingo a 4 way switch 2 gang plate and no gaps ill be honest they are the only accessory ill use now well done click lol sorry wine really kicking in lol

Edmunsons cheap brand is like that too.

http://www.selectricuk.co.uk/

although I've also been supplied with it by Denmans instead of 'basics' Which is a bit of a joke as I recently swopped from Denmans to Eddies for my accessories as I didn't like the new basics fcu's. (new design means a chice of two would you belive, flex outlet or non flex outlet, was always catching me out.)

Reply to Is it only me that gets fussy customers! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net