Is this electrician professional? | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Is this electrician professional? in the Need help with ElectriciansForums.net? area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
We are a factory selling lamps, and a customer bought lamps from us.

She said she contacted their top electrician for the installation.

After the installation is complete, I received an email from the customer saying that our quality is poor and we need to return the product.
The bracket of the light fixture in the picture has been bent. I once asked the customer by email, and the customer said that the package was not damaged in any way.

Here is the image link:IMG_2011.jpg - https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/external/83ca66761367b94556aefa0a59429b3c0c7842a3be88e6e2bbaa156f0ef870a4

I have questions. First, if the electrician finds that the bracket has been bent before installation, can he choose to confirm with the customer before installing?
Second, the bracket is metal, and it can be adjusted to a normal angle with a little force. Can't the top electrician adjust the bracket when he finds this problem?

Third, is this electrician really as professional as the customer says?

After receiving the customer's email, we have made it clear that we can reissue the parts for the customer for free, but the customer still chooses to refund.

We processed the refund for her, but the light has already been installed, and we have been unable to carry out secondary sales, which caused us Lost $4500.

I need some opinions from everyone.

My reading of the $4500 is that was the figure lost in secondary sales so i assume the one fitting isn't that much but because the customer had a problem they didn't buy any more which lost the seller that amount in onward sales.
It's the price of this light that we equate to a direct loss of this light.
But I can understand the electrician's thinking now.

I think you are in the US, this site is predominantly UK, as that's where it was born.... so not great for US wide electricians for a particular light. In the UK, we have a slightly different model. The electrician is encouranged to purchase the light, usually at a discount of 20-30% off retail. The electrician then automatically accepts liability and is naturally encouraged to "fix" easy issues on-site. If an end user buys the light, the electrician is then in a stuck place, if the light does not work when fitted, this can lead to the electrician not being paid or at least an argument with the end client over who is responsible. Your situation is a little different as the light would have been obviously "faulty" before being fitted, so why the electrician still fitted it is a mystery as the sensible position of the electrician would be not to fit the light. Bear in mind an electrician will charge just hundreds of dollars to fit, yet the light costs 000's of dollars, so that is where your issue really lies.

We are a factory selling lamps, and a customer bought lamps from us.

She said she contacted their top electrician for the installation.

After the installation is complete, I received an email from the customer saying that our quality is poor and we need to return the product.
The bracket of the light fixture in the picture has been bent. I once asked the customer by email, and the customer said that the package was not damaged in any way.

Here is the image link:IMG_2011.jpg - https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/external/83ca66761367b94556aefa0a59429b3c0c7842a3be88e6e2bbaa156f0ef870a4

I have questions. First, if the electrician finds that the bracket has been bent before installation, can he choose to confirm with the customer before installing?
Second, the bracket is metal, and it can be adjusted to a normal angle with a little force. Can't the top electrician adjust the bracket when he finds this problem?

Third, is this electrician really as professional as the customer says?

After receiving the customer's email, we have made it clear that we can reissue the parts for the customer for free, but the customer still chooses to refund.

We processed the refund for her, but the light has already been installed, and we have been unable to carry out secondary sales, which caused us Lost $4500.

I need some opinions from everyone.
Firstly....an electrician is just that.They are not interior designers .So firstly , he should have asked the customer to inspect the item.It is not for the electrician to determine anything unless its very obviously damaged or dangerous. In the Uk it would be a joke, as the customer if they ordered online can just send it back for a full refund . Also was it unpacked and checked by the client ?? As for the cost , its peanuts in the "Big world" of expensive things . Imagine a bespoke kitchen where each and every single door hinge cost £1300 plus VAT ! etc etc . Some designer lights are tens of thousands . There is so much money out there ready to buy high end stuff its madness !

Reply to Is this electrician professional? in the Need help with ElectriciansForums.net? area at ElectriciansForums.net