Just another Pirate rant...#3 of this week's 5, but probably #5 of this series... | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Just another Pirate rant...#3 of this week's 5, but probably #5 of this series... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

pirate

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Whatever...
I awoke this morning ready for an intersting and relaxed day at work at my local branch of the Men's Shed charity. " jobs pending here...installtion of 4 infrared ceiling mounted heater panels, and also 4 large LED batten lamps in the attic.

Had to start with the LED battens cos the other materials hadn't arrived...or "materialised" if you prefer.

Anyway, went for my early morning shower...no hot water!
No time to investigate, so a quick tepid shower later and I'm on my way...
LED battens installed, wired up and ready to be connected, tomorrow, as I ran ou of time. Home to remember no hot water for a much needed shower.
Usual investigation suggets the Sangamo programmer has failed, afte maybe 3 or 4 years.
I took it off the wall, connected the immersion heater direct via choc-block (I know!) flicked the breaker on and saw the meter fly!
An hour later I went to switch the breaker off, and I have boilng hot water, so the element is fine, and the meter is crawling, so the stat is fine...happy days! Ordered a new controller from TLC (half the CEF price!) and hope to fit it on Friday.
Why has my controller failed so soon? We have a Sangamo controller for the common stairwell lights that was installed 50 years ago and still works fine...you know, the big, fat circular one with summertime compensation built it? They still make them!

Anyway, I will report back on the LED battens after I connect them tomorrow. TLC jobbies, made by Knightsbridge, and they were a doddle to fit...I'm expecting great things!

The infrared heaters will be more of a challenge due to location, but I will bore you all with that installation when it happens.

Have a good rest of the week, chums!

Reply to Just another Pirate rant...#3 of this week's 5, but probably #5 of this series... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net