kitchen fitters touching electrics???? | Page 3 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss kitchen fitters touching electrics???? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

telectrix

-
Mentor
Nearly Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
thought i'd seen most of the stupid things they do, but this one is a doozy. having replaced a faulty double socket ( chrome) in a kitchen, taken a Zs of 1.1 ohms, thought to compare with another chrome socket 3m away. plugged in MFT and immediate error, confirmed as no earth by socket tester. so, isolated at CU, came to remove socket front and noticed only 1 faceplate screw in it. removed the 1 remaining screw to find the cpc.s had been removed from the terminal and wedged between the ceramic splashback and the back box. the sliding lug was also missing. it would seem that the kitchen fitter had done this to stop the cpc's ( which were both in 1 sleeve) from pushing the faceplate forward on the side with the missing lug and screw. fixed it properly in 10 minutes. still can't believe he could be that stupid.

No way of retapping 3.5mm, or even 4mm after no.8's have been there. Are there people really that thick?

Now Ive given my head a shek and re read my OP, I realise what your saying, so on that basis, Yes! I really am that thick!!lol
In the past when the lugs have been fooked, or missing, Ive had to drill and tap the actual back box, this is what I probably meant..lol

Now Ive given my head a shek and re read my OP, I realise what your saying, so on that basis, Yes! I really am that thick!!lol
In the past when the lugs have been fooked, or missing, Ive had to drill and tap the actual back box, this is what I probably meant..lol

Now, if you have to concoct some elaborate way of getting round someone else's stupidity, then that's fair enough. To use No.8's to begin with though is just unforgivable!

Now, if you have to concoct some elaborate way of getting round someone else's stupidity, then that's fair enough. To use No.8's to begin with though is just unforgivable!

Exactly why I left the house and testing and phoned the gaffer....there was no way in this world I was gonna start taking them screws out to do some testing.....it would of been down to me then to make sure they all went back!!!lol Kitchen fitter did it...kitchen fitter can sort it was my thinking.lol

Reply to kitchen fitters touching electrics???? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back