Kitchen wiring problems | Page 3 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Kitchen wiring problems in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Please confirm what the "trench" is. Is it a "chase" in a concrete floor, to carry cabling? That would have to be bombproof, methinks...

I've never come across a consumer unit brand called Danson before..quick google looks like an Ebay jobbie. I wouldn't fit a consumer unit like that for reasons of onward compatibility.

I've never come across a consumer unit brand called Danson before..quick google looks like an Ebay jobbie. I wouldn't fit a consumer unit like that for reasons of onward compatibility.

Yep,it certainly will hamper any future repairs/additions,as they have not got a comprehensive or startling range of DB accessories...

Hi OP. Any change of a reply to my questions in post #27.....

The wall will be tiled, yes. The small trench chased into the floor is for the double electric oven in the housing on the other side of the kitchen. And the guy was a local fella in his 30,s. Certs will be issued next week

A diagonal chase is acceptable if any of the list below applies.
The cable is at a depth greater than 50mm.
The cable incorporates an earthed metallic sheath.
The cable is installed in earthed conduit or trunking.
The cable is mechanically protected so as to prevent penetration by screws or nails.

A small trench chased into the floor might be vulnerable in a number of ways...movement, moisture, settlement, cracking, but if in a suitable conduit, maybe ok?

Reply to Kitchen wiring problems in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net