Labour rates (Domestic electrician)? | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Labour rates (Domestic electrician)? in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Forty_Two

DIY
Reaction score
North England (not London) . . . What is a FAIR daily rate (just labour no materials) for an electrician, an electrician qualified to remove and replace a simple domestic consumer unit test and certify that work?

When I use the word FAIR I mean . . . plasterers, brick layers, plumbers, car mechanics etc., etc, all of whom will have (what you and I believe) is a FAIR daily labour rate, and some trades will be more than others . . . . what do you believe that should be for a domestic electrician?

Are the rates in the below link accurate?

£500 a day - £10,000 a month – NICE; that’s more than the Consultant Surgeon is getting after leaving school with 5 A levels, then doing 5 years at University then 5 years as a Junior Doctor – that’s ‘fair’ when your definition of fair = “as much as I can get”.

And being honest and fair I am sure we can presume that all your quotes start at the top, the first line . . . Labour x days at £500 a day?
Hmmm.. ok what about solicitors, barristers on £300+ per hour? Then don't even get me started on footballers, movies stars, pop stars. And worst still, the talentless people who appear on reality TV shows!

An employed doctor/consultant (unless they have their own practice in which case they can usually afford to employ staff since their rates go up dramatically compared to a basic salary), doesn't have to worry about overheads, insurance, and equipment, quotes, material supply's, chasing payments, sick pay, holiday pay, vehicle maintenance PPE, and all the rest that comes with being a self-employed tradesperson.

You could always employ the local cowboy who will charge you a much lower rate! Then after you can get an experienced electrician in to put it right, who would most likely charge you more for the pleasure of rectifying someone else's crap work.

This is not really the place to dictate on what electricians should charge based on your uninformed and naive opinion.

Good luck

There will always be idiots like this trying to undercut tradespeople as they think they are a level above them. Wouldn't entertain negotiating on my rates, if you dont want to pay get someone else and then the rates will have increased 20% when you call afterwards to get it fixed.

No matter what the rate of pay is whether hourly or daily you can kiss goodbye to the first 20% in VAT, the VAT robber always gets paid and as far as I'm concerned he/she/it/thing or whatever pronoun you want to throw it doesn't do a thing for it! Take out another 16% for your pension contribution (8% co payment if your lucky enough to have an employer that does matched contributions if you don't work for yourself) on top of that the blue holiday forms (CSP) and holidays and there aint much left in the pot after you pay the tax and your accountant and covering the cost of the thieving scumbags who nick any of your gear.

Not sure you understand how pricing works, from your rather offensive reply I'd say you don't understand overheads either. I'm not wasting any more time on this thread with a poster like you, sorry but this is downright disgusting.

If the thread is so disgusting and a waste of your time why did you resurrect it over a year after the last time there as a post in it?

Reply to Labour rates (Domestic electrician)? in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net