Lack of Qualified Electricians in Spain - Anybody want to be a Spanish Electrician? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Lack of Qualified Electricians in Spain - Anybody want to be a Spanish Electrician? in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
V.Nearly Esteemed
Solutions
Reaction score
Apparently there is a complete lack of Qualified Electricians in Spain - Anybody want to be a Spanish Electrician?

@Miguel Esteban-Perez - Just told me. Thought I'd post about it.

What qualifications would transfer? Would you be able to do the job but perhaps be employed so the spanish electrical contracting employer covered the certificates or whatever?

Please discuss. :D

Hi, new to the forum and currently doing my apprenticeship. Although I’m an ‘older’ apprentice this is certainly something I’d look into. I’m a qualified mechanical technician but most places now ask for multiskilled so thought better late than never to get my electrics. How would this sort of thing work now with Brexit etc…? Would be interesting to see if both my mechanical and ‘hopefully’ electrical qualifications would open doors.

Hi All
Currently we design and execute CPD´s, Solar Photovoltaic Fields (up to 1 MWpeak) and we are literally unable to find qualified 1st class electricians and not for mentioning 2nd class electricians ( 2 years course at electrical college and 4 years at electrical college). People have the qualification but they get out of college with literally no idea.

Hi, new to the forum and currently doing my apprenticeship. Although I’m an ‘older’ apprentice this is certainly something I’d look into. I’m a qualified mechanical technician but most places now ask for multiskilled so thought better late than never to get my electrics. How would this sort of thing work now with Brexit etc…? Would be interesting to see if both my mechanical and ‘hopefully’ electrical qualifications would open doors.
Usually Brits do not come to Spain for working at electrical sector, few of them that I´d met some years ago they had a higher level than the average. Please do not forget that your Electrical system is much better than ours. F.E: next time you visit Spain try doing the following.
- Unload your mobile phone and star charging it when battery is below 1%. It takes a 30 % less time for full charge in UK than in Spain (make the test with the same charger Amps at a standard power supply ).
On the other hand, think about any activity , in electrical terms, building the equivalent electrical facility in Spain (warehouse, leisure center or small factory) is more or less 20- 25% cheaper here, not only for the fact of Pound - Euro change, but also for the way UK mandatory BSI stablish the mass and neutrum systems. I´d always wondered how things are done in KSA and India, new two electrical superpowers

Reply to Lack of Qualified Electricians in Spain - Anybody want to be a Spanish Electrician? in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net