Lighting help | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Lighting help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Fitting new light fittings to existing lighting circuit however the switch that is in the room with one of the fittings I've changed is now switching on both the fitting it is meant to and the light in the room next door. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

To get Trainee section access and the title you are required to follow this link and supply all the details at the bottom (Announcements - Trainees Only), we do actively check that no-one is supplying fake details and trying to get in under false pretences, so if a member has the Trainee status then they have been given access by supplying all the info required, and their application then reviewed and granted.

To get DIY status is a lot simpler, just don't fill out your profile and ask a DIY level question ;)

In which case the people with "trainee" status should post such questions in that section only! If they post in the open forum they shouldn't be surprised to get some "difficult" responses.

Just saying!

This is being done for a friend. I'm not being paid. I've got to say I'm shocked by some of the responses but thankfully there are a couple of helpful ones also
Welcome to the construction industry, you will get your balls chewed regularly on this site and on actual sites where work is carried out, if you get upset at this god help your future, for what it is worth I agree wholeheartedly with Murdochs post lol.

jimmy. if you are genuinly a trainee, then take my advice and join the trainee section. you'll get less stick there as on the open forum, it's expected that guys doing electrica lwork are qualified. that's why you've had some negative replies.

In which case the people with "trainee" status should post such questions in that section only! If they post in the open forum they shouldn't be surprised to get some "difficult" responses.

Just saying!

Normally we would have relocated it to trainee section for such a question but occasionally depending when staff are about, the odd one gets through and due to all the responses before it was seen means to move it later would make it look like it disappeared and all those trying to access it would be hit with a banner saying they do not have permission to view this thread/post... then we get a barage of members either Pming us or starting other threads asking where it has gone... all time consuming to sort out, clear up, better then to leave it be and just post a reminder that the OP is a trainee.

It happens from time to time but we are able to monitor the majority and your point is noted, hope you can understand we can't catch all the threads all of the time hence we hope members note what is written under the posters name, and reply accordingly.

jimmy. if you are genuinly a trainee, then take my advice and join the trainee section. you'll get less stick there as on the open forum, it's expected that guys doing electrica lwork are qualified. that's why you've had some negative replies.

He has full access to the Trainee section, its more than likely he posted in the wrong section.

Im closing the Thread as the OP has replied (Post 18) and looks like this thread has run its course.

Like I have said earlier, sometimes threads are posted in the wrong section and assumptions are made, it happens but it was made clear early on that the OP was a Trainee by a few of the posts and yet the rest of the thread was spent going round in circles with little constructive advice for the OP, can we please give more respect to the Trainee's than I have witnessed in this thread, they do ocassionally post in the main forum but its doesn't mean they are 'target practice' and I'm not surprised he has responded as such, its like mocking the learner driver and forgetting you were once in that seat.

Thread Closed.

Reply to Lighting help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net